6

The air was brisk. A sickening feeling of dread coursed through my body with each step we took. Who knew how bad the anticipation would actually be? How nervous I would be about finding other humans. The zombie virus started four years ago, the only human contact I've actually had since is this group. My new found family. Of course I had already know my dearly beloved Ryan and Natalie, but I got to meet Jackson, Peter, Sierra and John.  Some of the best people anyone could ever ask for. 

I know what you're thinking, ' Why am I thinking of them as if it's the last time I'll ever see them?' As it seems, that honestly is how I'm feeling. As we've walked and walked and walked, I've never seen so many lifeless bodies lying on the road in my entire life. It could just as easily have been me laying there cold, lifeless and dead on the road; or could be one of these amazing people in my small group of family. You never know what to expect in life, especially when your life is contradicted by zombies. Not just your life, more specifically the whole world. 

Ryan looks over to me with his beautiful brown eyes, I look into them, getting momentarily lost in them before realizing where I'm at and what I'm doing. He flashes me a small but encouraging smile before grabbing to hold my hand. As another chill of wind bows I sink closer into his side, shivering. No one talks for the fear of being heard by the unknown; well the undead. 

The wind blows the crisp fall leaves across the road as we walk. An atrocious sound comes from ahead and I cringe, already knowing the horrendous growl of the undead. Nerves bundle up inside of me as we step closer, the others clearly hearing it too.

We all stand guard as we walk slower, staying quiet. The sight in front of me was something I would probably never forget. A zombie stooping over a dead body, eating from its corpse. My stomach churns in disgust and I look away from it. This is terrible. How could this world get like this..? My hopeless thoughts are interrupted by Jackson going up to the zombie and cutting its head off. Bile rises in my throat at the sight of the zombies body falling and the dead persons organ laying out next to it. 

" Soph." Ryan says quietly, looking into my eyes. " It'll be okay. " He whispers bringing me into a hug. I nod; embracing his hug. I hope he is right. 

We continue walking for a few more hours, not stopping once; until we notice that the sun is starting to set. There's an old cabin-like house and Peter and John go into to check around outside before going to check the inside. While they're doing that the rest of us are watching out and observing the premises for zombies. Or humans. Anything really. 

The area is somewhat secluded but close enough to a store in case of emergencies. Trees surround the cabin. I actually kind of love everything about it, besides the occasion of course. After a few minutes Peter comes out and says it's all clear. Those words never sounded so good. Ryan looks to me with a smile before grabbing my hand and leading me inside. I notice that Peter waits outside, waiting for Natalie. Hmm, I'll have to ask her about that later. I've always had a tiny suspension about them. 

Ryan and I head upstairs with our bags to find a room. All the rooms have bathrooms and luckily there's still running water here, for now. We find a room close to the end of the hall,I admire the it as I look around inside, it's beautiful. Ryan notices and smiles big before putting our bags on the floor, coming over to me. He kisses me and holds me close to him. I smile. 

" I think I'm going to take a shower. I need to freshen up." I say with a blush, already knowing what he's going to say next. 

" Can I join?" 

†††††
Thanks for reading!! Until Next Friday. :)))) Enjoy! Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share!