15

Ryan finally wakes up a few hours later. I smile watching his eyes flutter open. He gives me a warm smile back and kisses my hand.

" Good morning." I say quietly and messes his bed head up more.

" Morning beautiful." He says, raising up and kisses my nose. He's too cute.

" Go take a shower. We have to be ready soon." I say gently. He nods, getting up and going to the bathroom. It's nine o'clock now, just one hour before we go to meet Caleb and get ready to go out. 

****

When Ryan and I arrive to Caleb's office, everyone else is there with their bags and ready. My parents are also there looking with teary eyes, along with Ryan's dad and Callan. 

" Ya'll be careful out there. Please" My mom says quietly, hugging my dad. 

" We will. And we will come back with a cure." Ryan replies, squeezing my hand. They give a weak smile before slowly walking out the door. Callan runs back to me and grips me in a big hug. 

" I will miss you Sophia." He says, a tear spilling over his cheek. My heart melts. 

" Awe Callan. I will miss you more. I'll bring you some toys back, deal?" I say, wiping my own tear that starts to spill out over my cheek. 

" Deal." He gives me a toothy grin before going back with my parents. I let out a sigh then I turn around to the group discussion that has started. 

" Okay, I'm sending out one van. Is that okay?" Caleb asks. We all nod. " The back is loaded with two bags of ammo and weapons, then there is about three more bags with food, clothing, medical supplies, and other things need. " Kayla here will be accompany ya'll as a doctor to aid, and she knows of the cure when ya'll arrive." Kayla gives a small smile. I smile back. 

" Follow me." Caleb says. 

We all follow him out the front doors. A gray van is ready for us. " The tank is full and there's three more jugs filled with gas." Caleb says as we look. 

Jackson takes our bags to the back. There is plenty of room in the van, thank goodness. Kayla opens the side door to get to the back seat, Sierra and John accompany her. Jackson, Peter and Natalie sit in the middle seats, then I get into the passenger seats while Ryan gets into the drivers seat. I buckle up and look around, taking a deep breath. This is going to be a long and hard journey. 

" Thank you so much for your contributes. Stay safe." Caleb says with a nod. Ryan nods back before starting the van. 

We start pulling out slowly, dust mixing up into the air. The two gates open, the same guards as when we arrived opens them and give us a nod as we pull out.

As we drive out I look out the side mirror and watch the gates close back together, then I look straight ahead on the road. Ryan goes in the direction of the map at a steady pace.

Everything will be okay, I keep repeating in my mind. We will get through this. We will find the cure. We can. We will. 

††††††
Sorry I haven't updated in forever!! Ik this is short but the next one will be longer!(I hope) Anyway thanks for reading! Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share! :)))