8

The boy looked up at us as if he was scared. From his looks, he seems to be around the age of seven. Where did he come from? Who is he? Why is he here? Is he okay?  Ryan moves closer to the little boy, but the boy gets scared and flinches. Awe poor boy. 

" Hey there. I'm Sophia and this is Ryan, What's your name?" I ask him kindly. His eyes look up to me questionably; considering if he should reply or not. A few minutes of silence go by before he finally speaks. 

" I...My n-name is  Callan. My family...they all disappeared, they w-were taken by monsters." His small voice says. 

" We will keep you safe Callan. Come with us?" I ask reaching my hand out slowly for him to grab. My heart sinks at the thought of him having to see his parents taken away like that. 

He looks at my hand for a few seconds before hesitantly grabbing it. His hand is so cold, I bring him closer to me and hug him; already feeling a bond between us as I pick him up.  I don't know who he is but I feel that I need to protect him.

" Are you hungry?" I ask, looking into his gray eyes. He nods slowly. I give him a warm smile. 

" Lets go get you something to eat." I say and walk towards the entrance of the tree house. 

Ryan looks to me with a knowing smile. The three of us go back inside and Jackson and John are there in the kitchen. I give Ryan a look, he nods and goes to tell the other two. While he explains I decide to focus on little Callan in my arms. We're definitely going to get him a bath after he eats, then some clothes. 

" Hey there little man." Jackson says with wide smile. Callan looks back and gives a small waves. Jackson looks to me with a smile.

" I'm going to fix him something to eat." I say, standing up still holding him. They all nod. " Go tell the others." Ryan says quietly. Jackson and John both nod before descending up the steps. 

" Alright would you like and peanut butter and Jelly sandwich?" I ask, the boy gives a smile and nods. 

Awh! That cute little smile, my hearts melts as I get the ingredients. I make the sandwich quickly, knowing he's hungry, after cutting it diagonally I set it down in front of him along with a glass of milk. Ryan smiles when he sees Callans eyes light up. The boy immediately reaches for one half and starts eating. Ryan kisses my cheek and smiles. 

"Ryan can you look around for any clothes his size? I'm going to get him cleaned up and ready for bed." Ryan nods and goes to search. 

Once Callan is finished eating, I pick him up and carry him up to the bathroom in the room Ryan and I are staying in. When we get inside I turn the water on and set to warm and put some bubbly soap in the water. 

" Ready for a bath before bed?" I ask, hoping i'm not doing too much at once for him. He just nods. 

" I could use one. I stink. " He says with a grin. I smile at him. 

" Now lets get cleaned up." I say, helping him get undressed. 

After he's out of his dirty clothes, I put them aside and get him into the water. I scrub all the dirty off his skin and clean a cut that is looks recent on his ankle, after cleaning his body up i scrub his hair. He watches me the whole time and my heart melts. I'm so glad we stopped here. This little boy could've died and would have if we didn't go out there in time.  When he's good and clean, I get him out and wrap him up in the towel to dry. Ryan walks in with a pair of pajamas, just Callans size. This must be his house, which explains why he was in the tree house. 

" Thank you Sophia." Callan says quietly after he's tucked in bed. I put him in bed with Ryan and I just so I can keep and eye on him. 

" For what?" I ask, snuggling beside him. Ryan gets on the other side of Callan and we all three cover up. 

" You too Ryan, and for getting me and making me a sandwich and a bubble bath." He says quietly. I nod and Ryan smiles once again.

" You're welcome Callan. I'll always protect you from now on, Okay?" I ask, looking at Callans sleepy face. He yawns. 

" Okay." He replies. 

" You're amazing. I love you." Ryan whispers, causing a huge grin to grace my lips.

" I love you too Ryan. Goodnight." I reply. 

We lay still everything is quiet and peaceful. Seconds later the silence is broken as soft snores resonate through the air between Ryan and I. I smile before falling asleep. 

†††††
Thanks for reading! Sorry about last week and no update. I have step throat *sighs* but also means plenty of time to write. So why not?
Anyway, don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!