11

The gravel road jars everyone around. Up ahead we can see the camp. My parents, I can't wait to see them. How are they going to react? John slows down as we make it to the entrance gates. There's a few guards standing outside with armed weapons. Once John has the truck stopped we all pile out. Callan in my arms and Ryan next to me. So much has happened since I've seen them. 

" Okay, they need to know we're not a threat. They might be a little strict with us because we're outsiders and they don't want us carrying in viruses and so on." Jackson says to our group. 

" Listen if they get strict with me, I will get strict back. We're in a freakin' zombie apocalypse, the least they could do is be nice." Sierra whines, a hint of a threat in her sassy words. 

" Just breathe." Natalie says to Sierra. She's on her monthly so needless to say how moody she is. 

" If we need to show them we're no threat then we need to go to them instead of circled up here like we're planning an attack." Sierra adds, looking at her nails. I suppress my laugh, while the others just roll their eyes.

 Instead of arguing further, we all start making our way to the guards on watch. They visibly tense up as we get closer to them. 

" What can we help you with?" The guard on the right asks. 

" We're here to find our parents..." Ryan starts out. The two guards look back and forth between each other. 

" Names?" They ask. 

" Elizabeth and Joseph Carter." I reply, they nod. 

" Also, David and Rebecca Jones." Ryan adds with a hopeful voice. 

" I'm sorry sir, there is only a David Jones. No Rebecca. I am sorry, but you may all come in please." The guard on the right says. 

They step back opening the doors , we all go in. Ryan, Callan and I in front as we continue in. Where's Ryan's mother? The first thing we see is a cafeteria, or kitchen dining area. There's some tables and many chairs. One guard stays back while the other comes to show us around. 

" Thank you so much Sir." Jackson says to the guard. He nods with a friendly smile. 

" The names Caleb, and It's alright. The only problem is you will all be going to the medical center first before stepping near the others. I know it seems a bit much but it's just a precaution, we don't want anything to spread to the others." He says quietly, leading the way. Callan tugs at my arm, I look down. 

" What is it?" I ask with a smile.

" I need to use the restroom." He says with a pout. 

" Caleb. Would you mind if I took Callan here to the restroom?" I ask hoping he would. 

" There is one in the clinic." Caleb replies with a nod. 

" Thank you." I say with a smile. 

Callan nods his head, understanding he'll have to wait. We continue walking until we reach the clinic. The walls are a plain white, along with the chairs and just about everything else. It's squeaky clean. Callan motions to the restroom as soon as we get there and I nod, waiting for him to finish at the door. 

" Alright it'll be one at a time. " Caleb says and sends John in first. 

The rest sit out on the chairs and wait. Once Callan is finished we join them, waiting on whoever is next. The process shouldn't take to long. The doctor will probably do some examinations and questions. As we're sitting I notice how the doors automatically shut once someone gets through. John is in there for about fifteen minutes. Then Ryan goes next, I wait patiently looking around. It's so clean. I like it. 

***

Once we're all done with the doctor meeting we get an okay to meet the others. I'm so nervous but so excited. So much anxiety. I grab Ryan's hand as we walk, gaining more comfort as we get closer to the other people. He gives a small smile to me before squeezing my hand. 

" Are you ready?" He asks quietly. 

" I don't know." I reply honesty, looking a head before glancing over at him. 

" What about you..? Your mom..." I say quietly, not wanting him to worry, although he obviously already is. 

" I don't know either." He replies softly, squeezing my hand once again. 

†††††††††††
Thanks for reading! Until next Friday! Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share.