9

" Good morning."

 I hear from a small, sweet sounding voice. Awaking me from a good slumber. My eyes flutter open to see Callans adorable smiling face. I smile and look over to see Ryan still fast asleep. What time is it? I glance over to the clock and see that it's 7:30 AM.

" Morning. How did you sleep?" I ask trying to muster a kind smile onto my face. He's a morning person I see, that's good. 

" I slept good Sophie." He smiles. Awh! " Sorry to wake you but I was wondering if you wanted to play a game with me?" He asks quietly, as if he was nervous or shy. Although he's probably both. He's such a sweet child, my heart aches at the though of what he had seen. He seems to be okay though. 

" Of course! I would love to play a game with you. What did you have in mind?" I ask, getting up slowly and quietly so that I wouldn't wake Ryan up. 

" Uno!" He says excitedly. I nod encouragingly at his wishes and his eyes light up.

" Go get the cards and meet me at the kitchen table." I reply with a smile. 

He smiles big before walking away quickly to go find the cards. I watch him with a smile, he's going to bring so much happiness into the mess of what's left of the world. 

" Babe." Ryan says groggily, awaking from his sleep. 

" Go back to sleep." I say quietly, kissing his cheek. " I'm going to go play Uno with Callan." I add, smiling. 

" Okay." He replies in the same groggy voice. 

Ah, gotta love his morning voice. I admire his sleeping face a few moments before going down to the kitchen, finding Callan sitting there with a deck of Uno cards already decked out and ready. He smiles when he sees me, excited to get to play.

When is the last time he got to play a game? How long has been up there, waiting on someone to help him? My heart melts once again over this little boy. For what he has gone through so far, he's so precious and just so sweet. His gray eyes scan mine. 

" Lets get started!" He says and laughs. I nod, sitting down across from him. The first card is red two, I let Callan go first. He lays down a red seven.

****

Me and Callan finish 5 rounds before getting some breakfast. Seeing as it was now 9:00 AM, I decide to go ahead and make everyone some breakfast. Luckily there was some food here when we arrived which helps out so much.

After making some toast, and eggs and taking out some cereal for whoever would rather have it; I go up stairs to wake everyone up. Ryan's already awake, getting out of the shower, then I go to wake up the rest of the group. Telling everyone breakfast is ready. Natalie and Peter come down first, I give her a raised eye brow and she just shrugs. 

They get their food to sit at the table, they start making a conversation with Callan. Ryan, John and Sierra all comes down next. Leaving Jackson as the last to make his way down the steps. 

" Morning everyone. I think we all need to talk about our options." Peter announces to the group. We all look to him as we eat, besides Callan who's eating his food vigorously. 

" What options?" Sierra asks, looking to Peter.

" Well, we need to figure out how long we're going to stay here before we continue on to find the community,  survival camp." He continues, looking around to everyone.

A few nod, as I think about it. I really do love this place but I know it's not going to last forever, probably not long at all considering how zombies seem to appear at any given time.

" Maybe we should stay another night?" I suggest, glancing over to Callan. They all give me a knowing look.

" Yeah, that's a good idea. We need to rest today and go ahead and pack some things too. On the way we will be stopping at a store to get some clothing for Callan, and a few other things." Peter says. I nod and Ryan squeezes my hand.

I think every will go good today. Tomorrow seems like it'll be long and scary. Especially with Callan, but I can't wait to try and find my parents.

†††††
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed. Vote, Comment and Share! Leave some comments if you like. Until next Friday ;)