3

A surge of energy runs through my body. Alive? Mine and his parents are alive?! As I think more tears well up in my eyes, they're alive? I grab Ryan,  pulling him tight against me.

" W-when di-id you fin-d out? H-ow?" I ask so thrilled, happy and everything all at once I start stuttering as I talk.

" Don't get too overwhelmed Sophie." He says quietly. My heart sinks.

" What do you mean....? I ask, my voice not hiding the sorrow.

" They're in some community gathering. There's other humans there with them. I'm not sure where exactly it's at." He says quietly.

I nod, not letting myself get too excited over the fact my-our parents migbt be alive out there. At the time I was wanting to graduate so I could finally leave them, but now all I want is to be close to them, to know they're safe. Anything.

" Soph?" Ryan says quietly. I look at him.

" Yes?" I ask.

" You okay? You kind of blanked out a second." He replies, holding my shoulders. I nod.

" Yeah, I'm fine Ryan. Just can't believe they may be alive out there." I say quietly, looking out through the window.

" I know. Me too." He says.

" Do you think we could go look for them?" I ask nervously, looking into his eyes. He looks back with a sigh.

" I don't know Sophia. It's dangerous out there and I don't want anything to happen to you baby." He whispers, stroking my hair and holding me close to him. I nod in understand but sigh in disappointment.

" But maybe we can... But first we have to prepare for it. We need to prepare for anything." He says after hugging. I look to him with hopeful eyes.

" Let's find see weapons and start training." I say before standing up. He grins at me, causing a grin of my own to curve up on my lips.

" Come on." He grabs my hand, leading me down into the basement of this small house. I didn't know there even was a basement here.

" Oooh." I say in amazement as my eyes look around at the variety of weapons. " When did y'all get all these?" I ask, looking around, walking further into the room. He chuckles.

" These were here when we came. Whoever lived here, they knew something was going to happen. We had also found a note, the guys and I." He says.

" Is that why you all were being secretive?" I ask, looking to him.

" Partly." He replies with a nod.

" Well.... Want does the note say?" I ask curiously.

He walks over to a counter that has cabinets laid across the bottom and top. He opens the bottom part and gets a lined sheet of paper. He starts reading aloud:

" Hello. If you're reading this, I'm gone or I'm dead. Those creatures are still out there if you're reading this. I have some supplies for whoever you may be. Be safe, and may God be with you all. -- Richard.

Ryan's lays the paper back down after finishing. Poor man. I hope he's in a better place.

" Well...." I say quietly, disappointed by the sad mood that has occupied the large space of the room.

" I know Soph." Ryan's says, embracing me in a hug.

" We should let the others know and we should all get trained, the best we can. Then we'll go out and search." I say, hugging him back.

" Yeah, I agree." He whispers.

" Let's go off what we know." I state. He nods for me to continue.

" Guns, they're great, but loud and will attract more then the ammunition we have. Swords, we'll have to build on our muscle or it'll be useless, because stabbing won't kill without a lot of force. Knifes, probably not the best option unless it's the only thing we have. Arrows, they're great, probably the best but we'll have to practice a while before we use them. " I list off, walking around and looking to the weapons hanging and laying on shelfs.

" Yes." Ryan says with a chuckle as he watches me.

I grin, maybe this will work. Maybe we can actually go out and find our families.

†††††

Thanks for reading! Vote, Comment and Share! Next update Friday! :)