2

" What in the..." I hear a voice across the room shout.

Huh? Shouting? Why is there shouting? What's going on? I think as I get up from the chair to see what it is.

Cold air flows in as I open the door to my room, hmm. I walk out slowly, not seeing anything across the hall but a closed door. Where's Ryan? The narrow hall seems to be longer than usual as I continue towards the kitchen.

Once I'm there I see all the boys, including Ryan, huddled around the table, whispering. I cross my arms and stare at them. What are they doing? One of them see me and their whispers falter.

" Go away!" Jackson says in a whisper-shout voice.

" Why?" I ask, slightly worried. Who knows what these fools are up to.

" Do you have to know everything??" Peter asks, feigning rudeness. I roll my eyes, walking closer to them.

" Yes, yes I do. Now what's going on down here? I heard shouting then I come down here and see all of you huddled together like penguins." I reply with a chuckle.

They all glance at each other, avoiding eye contact with me. Why are they doing that? Something's going on that they're not sharing.

" Please go back to your room." Ryan says, not looking at me. He sounds so nervous, but why?

" Are you going to tell me what's going on?" I cross my arms. They shouldn't be keeping secrets and hiding stuff.

" You'll find out soon, Sophia." John says quietly, glancing at the boys.

I sigh and roll my eyes, and march away going back to my room. I'll find out soon? Hmph. If I'm going to find out soon than why can't I find out now? Ignoring the annoying thoughts, I lay on my bed and grab the book on the night stand.

I've never liked reading but it's now becoming a common thing to do. A good pass time, in fact I've actually developed a fondness to it. My mind still wonders to what they're hiding.

Just as I start getting back into the book, a knock on my door stops me.

" Who is it?" I ask clearly.

" It's me baby." I hear Ryan's voice. I smile, despite him hiding something.

" Come in." I reply, sitting up and laying my book back down beside me.

Ryan walks in and looks into my eyes. He looks guilty and worried.

" What is it?" I ask quietly, motioning for him to sit down on the bed with me. He complies, sitting beside me.

" Well.." He starts out. I stay silent waiting for him to continue. " There's something.. Well, I found out something." He adds slowly.

" Ryan, what's going on?" I ask quietly, trying to remain patient with him.

" Well..." He say quietly, swallowing.

" What is it baby..? You know you can always talk to me Ryan. " I ask getting closer to him and holding his hand in mine.

Somethings either wrong or he's confused. This is how he gets, he'll give me a guilty look for not telling me sooner, he'll fumble and stutter with his words and swallow a lot. I don't know what it is but I'm concerned for him. I hope that whatever he's going to tell me is good.

" Alright Sophie..." He says, squeezing my hand. I nod for him to continue.

" Our parents are alive." He whispers.

                          †††††††

Thanks for reading!! Hope you enjoy. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. Please & Thank you. Until next Friday :))