16

We drive for what seems like hours before we stop at a dollar store. We all pile out quietly, looking around cautiously. John gets in front of us as we form a line to the front doors. He pulls the door open slowly.

" Here throw this in to see if anything is in there." Kayla whispers.

John takes the rock and tosses it in and a loud dull clank echoes around the store. It's quiet for a few seconds before the horrid sounds of the dead start shuffling towards the front doors.

I take out my knife and wait til they are in sight. There is no telling how many of them there are. The noises start getting louder and closer with every second. A boney zombie wearing ragged clothes shuffles towards us. Before anyone does anything, I jump out and shove my knife into its head.

After this one, a group of them start coming from behind it. There's about ten of them. Everyone takes out their weapon. We got this.

John and Jackson jump in and stab two, throwing their bodies outside. Peter and Ryan goes in and I follow along, stabbing an overly large zombie. The zombie swings its arm and knocks me down, but I jump back up quickly, kicking it down as I do. As soon as it hits the ground I drive my knife into its skull.
The training as paid off more than I thought. Thank God. I look around and see that there is only two zombies left. Ryan stabs one in the back of the head while Natalie stabs the other one quickly. I smile. I'm glad that nobody got hurt.

" Come lets get everything we need/want while we are here. From here on we are going the back roads because the interstate is packed with cars and filled with zombies." John says quietly.

" Alright." We all say in response.

Ryan, Peter, Natalie, and I go to find food that will last a few days. Then we get some blankets and clothes. The others are getting the other necessities like personal hygiene, and anything else we may need. After we have everything we all pile back into the car quickly.

Once we are all in and everything is packed we sit and talk about the best route to go. John is driving this time so that Ryan can rest. Ryan lays his head on my lap as everyone talks. I play with his hair as he starts to doze off. He is so cute when he is sleeping.

" Okay so, the map seems like the shortest back road is to go north then west, and take a left at the next intersection. " John says studying the map some more.

I stare out the window as I stroke Ryan's hair slowly. As I'm gazing out the window I see a huge group of zombies heading this way from the right.

" Guys where ever we are going we better go now, look to the right." I say quietly.

Sierra looks then hides under a blanket. John starts the van and starts to pull out quickly, going straight ahead. I grab another blanket from one of the bags and cover Ryan up. He smiles and rolls closer to me. I smile, resting my head against the window. I look back to the right and see that we have lost them. Thank goodness. This trip is going to be so scary, but I think we can make it. I hope.

" Can I come out now?" Sierra squeaks. Everyone laughs.

" Yes." Jackson says grabbing her hand and squeezing it. I raise my brow and smile. Sierra blushes.

After driving for about an hour or so, John takes a left and keeps going. All around us is acres of forests and trees. The road is a two lane and there is nothing on the road for miles. I smile and hold Ryan a little closer as I lay my head against the window. The ride now is smooth and almost relaxing, if it were not for all the zombies that may or may not be around us.

This is gong to be a long ride. I slowly start to doze off as my eyes get heavier. The sun is starting to set. I wonder what we are going to do for the night? As thoughts run through my head, I find myself falling asleep and instead of fighting it off I welcome it with open arms.

†††††††††
Finally an update!! Thanks for reading! To all who read, have a great day! Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share! :) ;)