17

We've been driving for four hours straight. John is so tired from driving and we need to stop anyway to stretch. John pulls the van over to a vacant hotel. There's nothing in sight. John is the first to get out, the rest of us pile out after him.

The hotel seems to be completely empty. Peter claps when we enter the doors. Everything looks so dusty. This must have gone out of business before the zombie break out. Sierra rings the bell at the desk. Nothing happens. No zombies come shuffling out. " I think we're safe." Jackson whispers. I smile. I hope we are.

John goes behind the front desk and gets four room keys. Ryan and I. John and Kayla. Jackson and Sierra. Natalie and Peter. We all walk slow and quiet together. Our rooms are right next to each other. Room numbers 5,6,7 and 8 on the bottom floor. Before calling it a day. We make sure everyone's room is clear and safe. They all our, thank God.

" Everyone lock your doors " Kayla smiles. We nod at her and smile.

" Goodnight everyone." Ryan says and we go into our room, 7.

We've driven a total of seven hours. So about two hours til we reach Washington. Ryan locks the door back quickly. I look around the room. There are two beds but there's no way I'm sleeping away from Ryan. Ryan gives me a hug from behind, laying his head on my shoulder.

" I'm so happy to see a bed." He grins.

" Me too." I reply with a chuckle.

I slip my shoes off, as does Ryan. He takes his shirt off and lays down. I change into the PJs I got from the dollar store. Ryan laughs at me.
"What?" I ask and fold my side of the covers back.

" You're adorable. " He smiles and pulls me close to him. I blush and snuggles closer to him, laying my head on his chest as he covers us up. He's always so warm.

"I love you." I mutter against his shirt.  

" Yi lofe eww too." Ryan replys mocking my muffled voice. I smile and soon fall asleep.

***

"Sophia. Soph. Sophie." I hear Ryan's sleepy voice say, trying to wake me up.

" What!" I groan, putting my head deeper into the pillow, which happens to be Ryan's chest.

" We need to get up and ready, love." He says sweetly. I sigh but raise up anyway.

" What time is it?" I ask, scratching my head. Ryan laughs.

" It's seven babe." He grins and gets up and changes into some fresh clothes.

" Oh." I pout and get up.

I don't want to get up yet, but I know we need to get a good start, so we will reach Washington by 9. So I get up and stretch, before changing into some fresh clothes and applying deodorant and brushing my teeth. Ryan does the same and we exit the room with our stuff. John and Kayla seem to be getting along well. They're beside the car talking and smiling. I smile, love is in the air. Jackson and Sierra are already in the car. Jackson is in the driving seat and Sierra is in the passenger. Peter and Natalie are still in their room, probably asleep.

" I'll get them." Ryan says.

I nod and put our bags into the van. John and Kayla get in the middle row. A few minutes later Ryan comes back with Peter and Natalie following behind. They get in the middle row as well, while Ryan and I take the back seats. Thank goodness. As soon as the doors are shut, I grab and blanket to cover up and I lay my head on Ryan's lap. He laughs and plays with my hair.

" Wake me up when we get there." I say quietly. He nods and looks out the window while playing with my hair. I soon fall asleep thinking of Washington. Hopefully everything will be okay. So much damage has happened, there has to be sent good come out of all this bad.

***
I awaken to soft shakes on my shoulder and kisses on my face. Ryan? My eyes flutter open to see his.

" Hey." I say lazily. He smiles.

" Hey Sophie." I grin. " We're here. We are in Washington."

††††
Heyy finally an update! I'm super sorry for the super long wait. Thanks for reading! Please don't forget to Vote, Commentand Share! :) ;)