21

The people in the suit give each other a look before looking back towards us.

" Follow us. We are going somewhere we can talk. I'm Jacklyn and this is Roger. There us more of us on this study." Jacklyn says strictly as they start walking down the long narrow hallway.

We all follow along. I don't let Ryan's hand go for a second as we follow them. She said study? Does this mean there isn't a cure? I'll soon find out. We come to a door and they slide a card to unlock the doors. Everything see so surreal. It's like we're just visiting a place as if zombies weren't overtaking the world.

Once we get into the room, there's a long table and Roger tells us all to sit. We do as told, as if we're getting ready to have a big discussion on a business agreement.

" Okay. We need to discuss the cure." John says, Katie squeezes his hand with a small smile.

" The cure is in motion." Jacklyn says with a tight lipped smile.

" So far we have cured 5 of the infected." Roger adds with a brighter smile. " We've lost 15 of them. The virus is not the same in every zombie. Some have type A, as we call it." He continues.

" How do you y'all do the cure?" I ask feeling dumb.

" We catch them." Jacklyn says quietly. " We keep them all in a room and when we give them the shot they're tied down. It takes 5 hours for the cure to work. With this cure they remember their human life, but they don't remember being turned." She explains. I nod, curious to learn more.

" So.. Would y'all like to meet the five that have pulled through?" Roger asks with a hopeful smile. I already like him he has a warm heart.

" Yes." Ryan says and the rest of us agree.

" Okay. Stay here." He goes to fetch them as Jacklyn stays with us.

" How is the cure made?" I ask curiously. Jacklyn grins, she obviously enjoys taking about her work.

" Well it was tricky. We tried for weeks and months. We decided to mix influenza virus with blood from the infected. After they were mixed, the shot is injected into the bottom of the neck. Sometimes it doesn't work with some zombies because they have different viruses streaming through their blood that doesn't work with another illness." She pauses. " It's kind of like humans. When some people get sick, medicines don't work the same as it does as someone else. It is sad that we lose some, but amazing that we have reversed the virus. " She finishes with a small smile. I smile back, glad to get some background knowledge.

" Thank you for the information. Katie here is the doctor." I introduce Katie. Katie smiles brightly. Jacklyn smiles too.

" Nice to meet you, which field?" Jacklyn asks. " I'm neurology." She adds.

" I'm orthopedic." Katie says brightly.

" That's great! We've been needing an ortho to help us here to make sure the bone functions after the cure is going good." Jacklyn says. I smile.

" Oh really!?" Katie says a little too excitedly.

" Yes. Would you be willing to stay?" She asks. Katie glances at John. He is talking to Jackson.

" I would love to, but I have a camp back home." Katie says, looking down.

" Oh, that's no problem dear. We have plenty of room here. And we've been clearing the neighborhood out. So soon the houses will be available." Jacklyn grins.

" Really?" I peek in. Jacklyn grins.

" Your camp could migrate here." Jacklyn grins.

Katie and I smile. The others will be happy to hear. The door opens and random people step in along with Roger.

" Meet Rose, Daniel, Faith, Justin, and Katherine." Roger grins happily.

We wave to them greeting happily. They're all pale and look unhealthy. As if they're hungry.

" Nice to meet y'all. " We say in union.

I grin. So many things are coming together. I have hope for the world. Things will get better. Ryan glances at me, rubbing my thigh under the table.

" There's some good news." I say aloud to everyone.

They all look waiting for me to continue. I repeat the news that Jacklyn told Katie and I about moving here and the good news Katie got. Everyone looks stunned but happy. Almost as if this wasn't true, like a dream. Everything is going so good. We need to get back to camp to spread the good news. Ryan looks to me with his eyes shining bright.

†††††
Yay for another update!! Enjoy! Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share!!! Xoxo.