19

The sun seemed so bright as it shined through the window the next morning. Ryan's soft snores echoed through the quiet room. I wonder if everyone else slept as good as I did? I haven't slept this good in forever. I sit up in bed, looking around the medium sized room.

Getting up, I walk over to the dresser in the room. I pull open the drawer. This one just has underwear and socks, boys room. I walk around the room being nosey trying to figure out what kind of people lived here. There's a coat hanging on the closet door. I open the closet door slowly.

There's all kinds of games. Monopoly, battleship, the game of life, a deck of cards, uno. There isn't that many clothes hanging on the rack. I grab uno and the other deck of cards. We can use these later. Thinking of Callan, I grab monopoly too, he needs games. I turn around and jump at seeing Ryan behind me.

" Sorry baby. Didn't mean to scare you." He says sleepily. I smile.

" It's okay." I say, putting the games in a bag to take when we leave.

" Come back to bed love." Ryan says with a yawn. He's so cute when he is sleepy. After packing a few things in a bag, I crawl back into bed next to Ryan. He smiles with his eyes closed.

" I love you." I say, laying my head on his chest.

" I love you too." He says with a smile.

" I slept so good last night." I say trying to start a conversation.

" Me too." He replies, playing with my hair. " Babe." He says.

" Yes?" I ask, playing with his fingers.

" Isn't it time for your monthly?" He asks. I blush. Why does he pay so much attention? It's good but I'm so bashful.

" What is today?" I ask, thinking about it.

" It's the 20th love." He says quietly. Ugh. He's right. It is time for my period to start.

" Yeah.... It's time." I say with a heavy sigh. He nods, rubbing my shoulders.

" It's sad we can't do our usual thing." Ryan says softly. My lips curve into a smile as I think of it, but soon ends with a frown.

" I know." I reply as the memories flood through.

Every time I would get my period, we'd have sleep overs and binge watch shows and movies while eating pizza and ice cream. It was so good.

" I remember I wouldn't eat any sweets or any junk food until my period week all month." I laugh out loud.

He smiles. " I know. It was the only time we could share the same bed because your parents knew we wouldn't do anything." He says, sitting up in the bed. I sit up with him and laugh.

" I know. Or if I was sick." I say with a smile. Fresh tears spring to my eyes as I think of memories.

" Awe babe, don't cry." Ryan says, wiping my cheek with his thumb. I look into his greenish gray eyes. He pulls me close to him and holds me.

" I hope I have pads." I muffle into his shoulder. He rubs on my back.

" Shh babe. You do and it will be okay. The world will go back.... Or at least we'll find a cure and see how it works on the zombies." He says brushing my hair. I nod and raise up to kiss him.

" I love you so much, Ryan." I say with a smile.

" I love you too, Sophia." He grins, kissing my forehead. " Let's go find something to eat." He adds.

As if on cue, my stomach growls out in agreement. We exit the room and go downstairs to the kitchen. I wonder what is here. John and Kayla are having a flirty conversation on the couch. I'm so glad he's opening up to someone. He's a good man. 

Ryan and I look in the cabinets and decide on PB&J sandwichs. We offer to fix one for John and Kayla but they say they have already ate. After we eat we hang out with the others as we make plans on how we are going to get into the building to get the cure.

This is going to be one more adventure.

†††††
Update! Happy Friday 13th loves! Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy! Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share! :)