16. Apologize

November 20th 2014, London

I spent the following day in the studio, working on my EP and using all the inspiration I had. I had been thinking about my behavior with Harry and was aware I hadn't been nice to him. I was trying to convince myself that what we had wasn't going to last because his life was too complicated for me to handle but I actually knew deep down that I'd regret my decision very soon.

"I'm relieved you're still here" Pat emerged from the door, "I got something to tell you: you're not touring with 5 seconds of summer anymore"

"What? Why?"

"Because you're the opening act for One Direction on their world tour" he excitedly yelled while I started feeling dizzy. I didn't say anything, I was still processing everything in my mind.

"Why don't you look as excited as I thought you'd be?" He looked down, "I arranged this because I knew you're friends with some of them and thought you'd feel more comfortable"

"No, wow, I'm speechless" I walked to him and hugged him, "thank you so much"

"It's gonna start on the 7th of February, you're touring Australia, Asia and Europe... the we'll decide if you're gonna also open for them in America"

"Do they know already?"

"No, we've decided it today... I don't know it they'll be notified though, why?"

"Just wondering" I said as he started talking about everything I had to do from December to February. I was hearing his voice but wasn't really listening to him. My mind was still thinking about the news. I didn't know how to feel, from a point of view I felt enthusiastic because I knew it'd be a good chance to change my career, from another point of view I hoped things wouldn't be awkward. 

On my way home, I logged onto twitter and saw that a fan account had just retweeted a picture of Harry that a paparazzi had taken. I clicked on the page and checked all the photos. He was in LA, as I knew. He was wearing a heart print shirt with the top few buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up, his usual black skinny jeans and boots and looked as sexy. He didn't look the happiest, he seemed very thoughtful in every photo. 

I entered my flat and was surprised by my roommate in front of me, 

"What are you doing here?" I ran and hugged her, 

"I finished my shoot sooner, St. Barth's was amazing" she said, took her phone and showed me some pictures of the crystal clear water and the amazing beaches. 

"Any news?" she asked, winking

"I'm touring the world with One Direction from February" I said, looking down. She remained silent for a while before she starter squealing oh my gods and wows. 

"Why aren't you screaming with me?" she sounded disappointed and I started telling her about Harry. 

"Are you stupid or what?" she asked as soon as I finished sharing everything, I looked at her with a questioning look, "he didn't do anything wrong, he did nothing but treat you amazingly from the first night that you met, he didn't deserve this kind of treatment"

"I know that" I sighed, "but I don't know if I can handle something as strong as what we seem to have... it's only been what? two weeks? and I already feel this weird connection with him"

"That's the exact reason why you should develop this relationship with him" she raised her voice, "I'm be honest with you, if you let your fear guide you, you'll regret your decision for sure" she said and left the room, leaving me alone with my confused and conflicting thoughts.  

I decided to take a long bath, hoping it would help. I switched the radio on and, ironically, the radio speaker was talking about One Direction and their scheduled performance at the American Music Awards. I wondered what they were going to play and what Harry was going to wear. The host, then, presented Steal My Girl as the next song. It looked like I was persecuted by those boys, by one in particular, and I wasn't unhappy about it. I didn't change the station. As I heard Harry's voice, I realized Stella was right. My behavior made no sense and I had to apologize to him, hoping I hadn't disappointed him too much. 

"I'm so sorry for the way I acted... it was out of place and over-exaggerated" I texted him. 

I waited for hours, days... there was no answer.

------

Writer's note:

Thanks for reading the chapter! This is a short chapter because it's a filler that was needed. If you liked it make sure to comment and vote :) 

Now let's talk about Sign of the Times!! I absolutely adore it, the more I listen to it, the more I fall in love with it!! What did you think of it? :)