30. Smile for the Paparazzi

April 5th 2015, London

"I've missed you so much" my best friend Stella said while hugging me. 

I was back in London for a few weeks before getting back on the road and I was excited to be able to spend some time with my friends. I felt lucky to have found new friends on the road but I knew that my childhood friends would always bring me back home. 

"Tell me everything" she said after I was settled and I started describing the details, all the feelings that I felt, the unexpected craziness and everything else. She looked happy for me about my career but as I mentioned Harry, she pulled a weird frown that she tried to hide away with a fake smile. 

"What was that frown for?" I asked 

"What?" she innocently replied 

"As soon as I mentioned Harry" I started talking but was interrupted by my phone bleeping. I took it and saw that Harry had texted me he had safely arrived in LA. I unconsciously smiled and I took a minute to answer. As I looked up and met her eyes, I noticed the frown was back. 

"What's wrong Stella?" I asked

 "I didn't want to ruin the moment but I'm going through a hard time and not having you here makes it even harder" she looked down 

"What's happening?" 

"I think I'm in love with..." she paused, "with Andrew" 

"W-wow" I exclaimed, "how?" 

"We spent a lot of time together alone and he's just... I don't know" she looked down once again

"Does he know?" 

"No!" She yelled, "he has a girlfriend, I can't tell him" 

"He has a girlfriend?" I felt shocked, "I sure missed a lot" 

"You should see them, they look so happy... and she's drop dead gorgeous" she cried 

"And you're not?" I exclaimed, "c'mon Stella, you're fucking beautiful, you're amazing, funny, kind and you have the hottest body I've ever seen... he couldn't wish for more" 

"But he's with her" she cried, "can we please go to a pub and get drunk?" She asked and I only nodded. Going to a club wasn't in my plans for my first day back but I could tell she really wanted to go to let herself go and forget about it, even if it was just for a night. I knew it wasn't the best thing to do but if she wanted to deal with it that way, I was going to support her. 

We immediately started getting ready and I decided to wear a black fishnet sheath dress which was really see-through but made me feel confident. I put my hair in a high ponytail and let Stella do my makeup. We took some pictures of each other and together and I decided to post one on Instagram, writing "Red lips, blue eyes and a ponytail." in the caption.