98. You're Still The One

May 14th 2018, Tokyo

"I swear, Tokyo is my favorite city in the whole world," Harry took my hand as we made our way out of the hotel we were staying in. We were in Japan because Harry loved it very much and he had a bit of a break in between tour dates. My tour had finished in mid-December and, against all advice of my team, I had decided to take a year-long break from the music scene because of the connected exhaustion that had got me in the hospital. I had, indeed, fainted right before my Mexico show, worrying everybody, especially Harry, who even debated dropping his own tour to join me. Luckily, I had convinced him to stay where he was because doctors let me go the following day and reassured us by saying that I was just too stressed and my body was too tired. After that, I was actually able to finish my tour and go back to England to spend my first Christmas with Harry. My family had, in fact, spent Christmas Eve in Holmes Chapel, hosted by the lovely Anne, while, on Christmas Day, Harry's family came over to ours for our traditional celebrations. Since Rob had passed away and they had gone through a lot, that time wasn't very easy for them, especially because it was the first holidays without him. However, since his mother was a cat person, Harry and I had thought that it would be nice to give Anne a little friend to keep her company: a sweet white kitten that she adored from the moment we gave it to her. If I thought he had done really well last year, Harry had actually gone all out with his gifts for me this time: he had a whole house built for us in Kensington, west London. It was private, huge, romantic, modern... and included everything you could want in your place. This year, we decided to spend New Year's Eve in New York with my - our - friends and had the time of our lives. From that moment on, we had pretty much co-existed, meaning that we truly did most things together. I was even following him around on tour and, even if people were calling me a 'groupie' or something like that, I was loving it: I got to spend time with my lover, see him do what he loved every night and traveled the world, all at once. Our bond was growing stronger and stronger each day but, somehow, every day we discovered something new about each other. To be honest, I knew I was the luckiest woman alive because he was the best man I had ever met. I loved every side and every little detail about him, about our relationship. He simply was the love of my life.

"I didn't expect to like this city so much, you know..." I said, "for some reason, I never found it as fascinating as other big cities," I giggled, "but it's actually very pretty,"

"I told you so," he rolled his eyes, "do you remember what happened when we were in Japan three years ago?" 

"Of course I do," I nodded, "you were an arse to me, as per usual,"

"To be fair, I only wanted to protect you that time," he shook his head, "by the way, why did you put up with me in that period? I mean, I'm glad you did but I was the most immature boy you could have found," 

"Don't discredit yourself this much," I gently hit him on his arm, "you were immature in certain circumstances, I was immature in other circumstances, so what? our immaturity has shaped us into who we are," I said, "and, to be honest, I think you were that immature in your love life because you had to grow up too quickly workwise... so you needed to also have a childish side to keep you sane... does it even make sense?" 

"I love it when you ramble," he giggled as he squeezed my hand, "but I guess it does make sense... I had never thought of it that way... even if I wasn't that sane, was I?" he said, "oh, there it is, let's go," he pointed at a cute little cafe, "Gemma said they're already waiting for us inside," he said, referring to his sister, Michael, Anne, my mother, my father and James. Harry had, indeed, invited them on this little cozy vacation because he believed that Tokyo was too special and everybody should experience it at least once in their life, especially in the cherry blossom season. I didn't know what was up with him but he had been behaving weirdly ever since the planning of this trip began.