77. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

January 3rd 2017, Brighton

"A friend of mine has just invited me to a club in London tonight," Harry said as he was driving, "I could make it up to you since you missed your New Years' Eve one," he told Jack and Caleb, "then we can continue with this trip tomorrow,"

"I mean... we're going back to New York tomorrow," Jack answered, "but how could I say no to a party?" he joked, "I'm known for being a party animal," he laughed

"I agree," Caleb said, sounding very excited, "since I'm legal here" he giggled

"Perfect," Harry chuckled, before turning to me, "what about you?"

"Whatever makes them happy," I shrugged

"I think we'll pass for tonight," Gemma said, "you can drop us at Michael's and go from there?" 

"Sure," Harry replied

"We can go over to my flat to change and stuff" I suggested and everybody agreed with me.

Three hours later, we were inside of my Chelsea loft. After buying the Greenwich Village's house in New York, I had also purchased a house in London since it was in my country. I spent more time in the Big Apple but, still, I missed the English land sometimes. It was Harry's first time seeing it and I could tell he was studying every little detail of the house: every piece of art, every hung photo, every award... pretty much anything. I was really curious to know what he was thinking about it and, since his opinion mattered to me, even on the stupidest things like my home decor, I didn't dare to ask him. 

"Make yourselves at home," I said, "I'm going to take a very needed shower" 

"You were the smelly one in the car?" Jack teased me, "I would have never told" he continued, I gave him the middle finger and walked upstairs. 

After washing up, I picked a simple outfit: a black sweater dress, some heels, and a Givenchy jacket. I quickly did my hair and makeup and headed downstairs.

As I walked downstairs, I heard a guitar melody, followed by Harry's voice

As I walked downstairs, I heard a guitar melody, followed by Harry's voice. I recognized the Green Day's 'Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)', and realized Jack had probably asked him to sing something from the band since he was obsessed with them. 

"So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind... hang it on a shelf in good health and good time... tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial... for what it's worth it was worth all the while... It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right, I hope you had the time of your life" Harry stared into my eyes as he sang, before putting the guitar down, 

"I hope you don't mind," he smiled, "we found this guitar and..."

"I mean, I don't know why but I thought your voice wouldn't fit the song... but damn," Jack interrupted him, "you could make Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe sound incredible"