84. Sign Of The Times

February 9th 2017, London

"I really can't believe we haven't talked in years," Andrew said as he pulled away from our quick hug, 

Yes, after randomly meeting at the airport and deciding to catch up over lunch, I was indeed with one of those friends that I had lost contact with ever since everything had gone crazy. In the past, I was convinced that Andrew was my best friend but, when things had gotten crazy, he had just shown his true colors. He had never wanted fame, nor drama, so that's probably why he had stopped contacting me when he started seeing my name in the headlights. Nevertheless, being with him in a restaurant, felt very weird. 

"So... what are you doing these days?" I asked, trying to make everything feel less uncomfortable 

"I finally graduated in journalism and I'm doing an internship at The Sun" he said, with a proud smile on his face, "everything's finally coming together," 

"That's amazing, congratulations" I smiled, feeling proud of him too because I remembered the days when he'd stress over exams or when he'd stay in to study. "I remember when you got drunk every weekend and were our joker" I laughed, "now you look so different, way more mature,"  

"I'm getting old, I have to at least pretend to be an adult" he laughed and I finally recognized my old friend, "what's up with you? you're still traveling the world and making millions of people go crazy for you, right?"

"I guess so," I blushed, "I love it"

"I'm very proud of your achievements" he smiled, "I always keep up with you" he shyly admitted, "have been one of your first fans, after all... Stella and I were" he said and something inside of me froze,

"I don't think she was a fan after all" I nervously chuckled, "but you really were and I appreciate you more than I've ever let you know"

"What do you mean about Stella?" he raised his eyebrow confused 

"Two years ago, she kissed my boyfriend and, apparently, she had been planning that for a while" I looked down, feeling sad about the memory, "I really broke down after that... it was the worst period of my life" 

"Are you serious?" he asked, looking more surprised than ever, "was that in 2015?" 

"Yes, in June... why?" I nodded, biting the inside of my cheek, 

"I think she had been planning it for a while then..." he looked down, "she tried to drag me inside this cruel plan back in April... then we fought and I never talked to her again... I didn't know it was against you... I would have told you" 

"What?" I unconsciously raised my voice "she said the reason why you had fought was that she was in love with you and you had realized but didn't want her back because you were with someone"

"That's bullshit" he shook his head, "she said that she wanted to get back at some girl for ruining her possibilities by seducing her boyfriend and, while she was doing that,  I'd have to distract the poor girl... I refused and tried to talk some sense into her but she only insulted me so I left and we haven't spoken ever since" he said. Hearing his words made me realized how she had played me and, even if it had been so long and I had moved on, I still felt disappointed and hurt by his words, 

"Let's just talk about something else..." I looked down, "can I ask you why you stopped contacting me?" I honestly asked 

"I really feel bad about this now..." he looked down, "Stella said that you had changed and you wouldn't want to go out with some random guy like me... and I believed her... so I stopped texting you or calling you back," he bit his lower lip, "I was a bit of a dick too,"