Chapter-1

Vanya's P.O.V
Hyderabad, India
It was 5pm in the evening and it was raining heavily. Sigh. I used to love rain but not now. Every time it rains it reminds of that horrific night where I got to know the whole truth.

I was brought up in an orphanage. I don't even know who are my parents and why they left me at the doorstep of the orphanage. After I completed my studies, I tried to find my parents, but I failed. It's like they just vanished after they left me.

But I still didn't lose hope. I completed my studies with the help of scholarship. Now I have no one in this world other than my best friend Navya who knows everything about my past. I thought I would never find love in my life but I never knew that one unknown text message is going change my life. Well life is unpredictable so we have to be ready to face all the challenges that we encountered.

I loved him so much and still I love him. I trusted him with my whole heart and foolishly thought that he would never break my heart and my trust. But he was the same. That day I realised that there is no hope for foolish people like me in this world.

I still think even now that maybe it was my fault or my mistake that things had to take turn like this. How can he do like that? How? How can he cheat me like that? Those chats, those 3am calls meant nothing to him? My love meant nothing to him. I want to hate him but I can't. I m hopeless. Sigh.
"Vanya?"
I came out of my thoughts when I noticed that Navya has come back.
"Hmm yeah?" I replied
"When did u come?" I asked her
"When u were lost in your own world" she replied me cheekily.
"Okay"
"So what are we gonna do now?"
"I am so bored" I told her.
"Hmm okay then let's eat something and watch a movie"
"What say?" She asked me.
"Yeah that sounds like a good idea" I replied her.
"Okay now u go and freshen up, till then I will prepare some snacks for us to eat."
"Yeah okay"
______________________________________
We both were sitting on the sofa comfortably and were watching Fast and Furious 7. I don't know when I fell asleep.

"Vanya, wake up." someone was shouting near my ear disturbing my sleep.
"Ugh what happened" I groaned.
"Wake up and go sleep in your room"
"Come on now wake up"
"Ugh fine" I replied.
"What's the time?" I asked her.
"It's 3am" she replied.
"Okay I m going to sleep now"
"Yeah okay" I said her.
______________________________________
I woke up from my deep slumber because of that stupid alarm and went to brush my teeth and freshen up.

I asked myself, is this how I gonna live my life forever?
After that life changing incident, I m not the same Vanya I used to be. I was so jolly, happy but now I became so lifeless and dull. I sighed.

I don't even know what to do anymore. It's waste of trying anymore. I know there will be more result. I just hope I never see him again in my life. I hate him. I hate him So much. I don't know if I will be able to handle if I see him again. It will be too much for me to handle. Why God? Why me? What have I ever done to suffer like this. Hopeless.

I sighed and quickly brushed my teeth, washed my face, showered and went to my closet to get ready as I have to go to my office.

I quickly wore a white button down shirt, black pant, applied
Lip gloss to my lips and kohl to my eyes.

I took my coat and my purse with all the things necessary and went to check myself for the last time and tied my hair in a tight high ponytail.
Perfect.

I went down and had my coffee and my favourite blueberry pancakes made by Navya and we both were ready to go.

I took my car keys, started the car and finally reached my office after 15 minutes.

Sigh. A new day. A new hope.

I reached my office, parked my car.
"Het Nancy, Good morning. I wished that receptionist my good friend.
"Good morning" she smiled at me.

I quickly went inside the elevator, greeted my colleagues and went inside my office cabin to complete today's work.

I am working in Bluebird corporations from the past 2 years and I would like to keep it that way. I finished the presentation which I m supposed to prepare, shut down my laptop and went down to the canteen to get something to eat as it was already 2 in the afternoon and also lunchtime.

I took my plate and sat at the corner most seat with My friend Maiyra.
"Hey"
"Hey Maiyra"
"So anything new?" She asked me.
"Nope" I said popping the p.
"Do you know that our Boss is going to retire?"
"Thank god finally." She asked me excitedly.
"Oh really?" I frowned.
"Yes really and you know who is going to be our new boss?" She asked me wiggling her eyebrows.
Weird, why is she so excited? Why is she behaving like that.
Whatever.
"Well, to be honest I don't know who is going to be our new boss"
"Hell I don't even know that our old boss was going to retire" I exclaimed.
"Oh okay" Maiyra frowned.
"So are you even going to tell me who is going to be our new boss?" I questioned her.
"Of course our new boss is going to be....Re"
"Guys it's past lunchtime, are you both going back or no?"
Someone interrupted us
It was none other than Dev, Maiyra's boyfriend.
"Umm yeah we are coming" I replied him.
I went back to my cabin and started working on those presentations. But my thoughts still lingered on what Maiyra was going to say. I know our boss has a son but I don't who he is or what is his name.

I sighed and decided to leave it like that as anyways I am going to know that in a day or two.
It was already 5:30 in the evening so I quickly went to the parking lot, started my car and reached my home in 20 minutes.

We both ate dinner and I freshened up, wore a loose, baggy T-shirt and my favourite pyjamas.
I told Navya that I am going to sleep as I am very tired and tomorrow is going to be a big day for me. Maybe? Sigh.

Hey guys! So here is the first chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment. It means a lot to me if my readers appreciate my work.
Have a nice day and keep smiling.
Thank you ☺️