Chapter-18

Reyansh Malhotra's P.O.V
"Arjun God dammit will you tell me what's going on?" I asked him frustrated.

"What do you want me to tell." He asked me with a bored look.

"Oh as if you don't know anything." I snorted.

"For god sake there's nothing between me and Navya. I already told you my opinion about her. Just leave this now, will you?" He told me frustrated.

"Oh really? Then why the fuck do I see pain for her in your eyes? Why do you get hurt when you see tears in her eyes and that too because of you?" I questioned him smugly knowing too well that he feels for her strongly.

"It's nothing. There's nothing like that. This is all bullshit. Can we just leave this topic please?" He asked me exasperated.

"Navy is a like a sister I never had. I don't want to see her hurt. And I really don't like it when it's my best friend who is fucking hurting her with his words and actions." I told him looking at him pointedly.

"Please Rey just leave this. I am confused and i have my reasons. You are the only person who knows everything about me. Can we just drop this topic. I promise I will make everything right." Arjun pleaded me and I decided to leave it for now.

"Fine. But your are going to clean up the mess. Got it?" I told him sternly.

He nodded his head and we started talking about the interview where Arjun is going to interview the candidates for his Personal assistant post.
___________________________________
I was in my room working on the presentation when my mobile suddenly rang indicating an incoming call.

It was my mom who was calling so I picked up the call.
"Yes mom?" I asked her still busy in my work.

"Rey, as you know it's my birthday after two days. So I have decided that the party will be organised in our farmhouse. The one which we bought near the outskirts. So I want you to come with Vanya and also I am going to inform Arjun about this. Okay?" She informed me.

"Yes mom. Now tell me how are you and how is dad?" I asked her hesitantly.

"We are fine. How many days Rey? How many days will you both ignore each other? It hurts me so much knowing I won't be able to do anything. Both are stubborn. And these days he's not even talking to me properly. I am tired. Please patch up. I can't bear this anymore." Mom said sadly.

"I know mom but even he should understand that I chose my partner and I am very happy. Why is he so hell bent on marrying me to that Neha. I know and I saw it with my eyes what type of a girl she is. It's wrong of me to tell all this but that's the truth. I can't lose my love again. Already I had made a mistake and now I got a chance to rectify it. I just didn't want to be a puppet anymore mom. I am sorry." I told her sighing.

"I understand honey. I know what you are going through. But he's your dad. Please for me. Think this as my birthday gift." Mom said with a hope.

"Okay mom I will try for you." I told her and then we talked for some more time and hung up.

Dammit. I don't understand why my dad is behaving like this. Why the fuck is he doing this? Why he wants to take control of my life?

"Ansh?" I snapped out of my thought when I felt Vanya shaking me.

"Uh yeah?" I asked her startled.