Chapter-22

Reyansh Malhotra's P.O.V
What is so important that dad had to invite that Ajay now itself. Business deal? Seriously? If it is something related to the company then I would have got the information long back. Though even I wanted the same.
In fact I myself wanted to invite him.

Everything is so confusing. The second I think I got something, the next second everything turns upside down. Wow!

I decided to leave this matter for a while and went down to check the preparations once.

Everything was almost done except for some changes.
I rubbed my hands together and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

When I was about to leave I heard few noises coming from the room across me. It was the other side of the farmhouse. What the hell. No one goes that side. I don't permit anyone to go there. Where is dad? Where is the security. Ah fuck.

I took slow, cautious steps to reach there when and peeked into the room as the door was slightly opened. It's not like I can't go there and enquire what's going on but it's just that I want to be cautious and I want to see if there's something which can help me.

"Look I don't know what the fuck will you do. Do anything, anything. But I want my work to be done in the next 24 hours. Is it clear to you?" I heard a familiar voice.

I shifted a little for a clear view and saw Ajay speaking to someone.

"God dammit. Can't you do at least this? Them. It's waste of even keeping you.i think I should just kill you." He muttered angrily raking his hands in his hair and hung up the call without even waiting listen what the other person has to say.

I turned back and silently walked away to the garden which was situated in the back side of the house.

Who was he talking to? He looked ready to kill that other person on the line. He was talking about some work. What is it. Maybe I will get what I want if I just solve this mystery.

I decided to just go through this again thoroughly and leave it for now. The party is about to start and u should check if all the preparations. But still there is some nagging feeling hat something is gonna happen which I am not at all going to like. I think I have to be careful.

I nodded my head and went inside not forgetting to check on Vanya.

*********
"Ladies and gentlemen. Attention please. I am honoured to have you all here. As you all know today is my mom's, Mrs Malhotra's birthday and this party is organised for her. I would like to thank each and every one of you who have taken the effort to come here. I hope you all enjoy this party as much we enjoy. Thank you." I came down after giving a small speech.

The party was on full swing and everything was okay. But dad was acting strange. He was looking nervous for some reason. Is there any problem? Why is he so nervous.

I was slightly suspicious but then why will he Dom anything to hurt his own family? That wouldn't be possible right? Or maybe yes. Ugh this is so confusing. Every fucking thing is messed.

"What happened Ansh?" I heard Vanya calling out to me rubbing my back in soothing circles. She always has that effect to calms me down instantly.

"Nothing baby. I am just stressed out. A little rest and I will be fine. You don't worry. Go and take care of the guests." I replied her kissing her forehead and temple gently.

She looked at me hesitantly but left nodding with Navya silently following her.

I turned to look at Arjun who was staring intensely at Navya and he had this dangerous glint in his eyes. I rolled my eyes and shook him hard bring him back to the reality.