Chapter Two

Nathaniel's POV

I came in from my soccer game, we won 4-2 with me scoring a hatrick. My parents don't fully agree with me wanting a soccer career but they also said they will support me and my brothers no matter what we do. I walked by my mom's office and heard her and dad talking before my mom came out running right into me. "Oh Nathaniel you're here! How was the game?" she actually sounded generally interested which was new "It was great Ma, we won 4-2 and I got a hatrick"

"That's my boy, can I talked to you for a moment? You're brothers are already in there" I nodded and followed her in, taking a seat next to my older brother Brayden.

"Boys I have to go somewhere for a couple days and when I get back we will talk about it okay?" mom said and we nodded "Be on the best behaviour for dad" she eyed me

"Oh my god! The cops drop you off once!" I huff and fake annoyance

My mom looked down at her watch "Well I must be going" she got up and gave my dad a peck before kissing our heads "I mean it Nathaniel, be good"

"Yeah like he can do that" my eldest brother Parker said

"Shut the hell up Parker" Brayden my other older brother said while Austin, my younger brother watched in amusement.

"What everyone knows Nathaniel is the screw up of the family" Parker gave me a cocky grin and I felt anger boil within me, I launched myself at and my fist made contact with his nose.

"Nathaniel!" Dad yelled and Parker got up to swing at me when Brayden held him back

"I'm the screw up?! We'll see, in four years I will be a professional soccer player living the dream while you're still here with a losey office job hating your life" I growl and walk out with Brayden following close on my heels. Brayden and I have always been best friends or partners in crime as my parents would say. Ever since we were young Parker had an out for me, started off by blaming me for things I didn't do to telling me I was a mistake child and in the past eighteen years of my life the rude comments still come. So Brayden has always been there for me. I walked out to the pool deciding just to go in my soccer shorts.

"What do you think this "trip" mom's going on is for?" Brayden asked as we got in the pool

"I don't know, I did hear part of their conversation and all I heard was mom telling dad to get the guest room ready and she just wants everything to be perfect"

Brayden looked confused mumbling something under his breath he changed the topic "So speaking of perfect, have you figured out your future yet?"

"Yes actually my soccer team was selected by the USA national team to be apart of this camp that like twenty other teams are in and they are making a team for smaller tournaments to start and then eventually work our way up to the olympics and stuff like that"

"Well Mr Captain" Brayden joked "Mom and dad are gonna flip when they hear you aren't going to college or university" I groaned knowing that he was right. I might as well just get disowned now. My parents are both in what they consider reasonable jobs, with my dad being a lawyer and my mom owning her own fashion line that's world wide popular we aren't exactly deprived when it comes to money. With Parker following after my dad and becoming a lawyer and Brayden going to school to be a cop my dreams seem to unrealistic.

If only they knew all the opportunities I have been given.