Chapter Eleven

Nathaniel's POV

I watched her smile grow when I pulled up to the soccer fields, I parked the car and pulled out a bag with new soccer cleats for her in it along with new shin pads and socks. She eyed the bag but I grabbed her hand and took her out to the field where we sat in the grass while she opened her gift. "I felt bad for never coming to the hospital so I uh hope this makes up for it"

She pulled out the gear and squealed "I love it! Thank you!"

I also had a soccer ball in my car from practice "Come on let's try it out" I yelled after running away with the ball towards the goal, she kept a light jog not wanting to put too much pressure on her ankle but even with only playing half ass she was amazing. After two hours of playing we were tired and lied down in the grass side to side till she rolled over to look at me and I copied her action. We were now looking straight into each other's eyes neither saying anything. Finally I did what I've been dying to do all day, I leaned in lightly brushing my lips against hers and went to pull back but she grabbed the back of my neck bringing me closer smashing her lips against mine. Savannah's lips were soft and intoxicating, I ran my tongue over her bottom lip asking for entrance that she gladly agreed to. Our tongues fighting for dominance, mine winning. I bit on her bottom lip gently making her moan, she started playing with the back of my hair pulling me impossibly closer. We sat in the grass making out for over another minute before we both pulled away breathing heavily.

"Nate?" I turned to see my best friend Jack walking towards us, I smiled and got up giving Savannah my hand to help her to her feet too. Her face was a light shade of pink and she was still breathing a little. 

"Hey man" I gave him a bro hug

"And who's this?" He asked looking at Savannah

"This is Savannah" I said "Savannah, this is my best friend Jack Myers"

"Nice to meet you" Savannah greeted

"You too"

After a while Savannah and Jack kept talking leaving me out of the conversation which started to piss me off and to make matters worst Jack started flirting with Savannah. I guess she could tell I was unhappy so she gave Jack a small smile

"I'm sorry but we must be going, Nate was taking me for ice cream and then we had to go home. It was nice meeting you" she smiled

"Oh yeah sure and you too. How would you like to get dinner tomorrow night?" I felt like I had been punched in the gut. I looked at Savannah to see what her response would be

"As lovely as that sounds... I kinda like someone else" Jack just nodded before saying goodbye to the both of us and walking back towards his car. Savannah grabbed my hand in her small one "I'm so sorry Nate, I didn't mean to leave you out" she sounded genuinely sorry I lifted up her chin to look at me 

"It's fine" I said truthfully "You know as long as that someone else is me" she blushed a dark red before nodding and looking away.

"Savannah what are you doing friday?"

"Probably whatever you are" she stated and I chuckled

"Would you go on a date with me?"

She gave me a big smile "I would love to" she jumped into my arms putting her legs around my waist and smashed her lips against mine. Everything was absolutely perfect.