Chapter Eight

Nathaniel's POV

Savannah's breaths were deep and even letting me know she was asleep. I heard a quiet knock at the door and my mom walked in, her eyes lit up when she saw Savannah and I not trying to kill each other.

"So, you two worked things out?" she sounded hopeful

"Yes Ma, Savannah and I are fine"

"Yay! Oh and I just came in to tell you that we are going out for dinner so dress nice"

"My nike track pants will look amazing with a tournament hoodie" I joked

"Nathaniel" she scolded "Also can you please wake Savannah up so she can get ready. Thanks"

She left my room and I softly shook Savannah "Princess, you gotta wake up now"

"Five more minutes" she mumbled burying her face deeper in my chest

"Come on, there's an important dinner we must attend" her head shot up

"I don't have to wear a dress do I?"

"Sorry about your luck princess but if I wear a tie, you wear a dress"

She groaned and got up carefully steadying herself on her crutches before leaving my room. I got up and threw on a pair of black dress pants with a white dress shirt and black tie, I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed looking back over to wear my track pants laid on the bed. Brayden barged in my room wearing the same as me only with a blue tie.

"I hate fancy dinners. Why can't we go to a sports bar or something" he complained and I agreed then he rose an eyebrow showing me I probably won't like the thing he's about to say "so you and Savannah actually worked things out"

"Yes, I realised that maybe she isn't so bad"

"How do explain the faint hand print on your cheek?"

"Damn that girl can hit" he chuckled and dad called for us to go as we walked out Savannah did too. I stopped dead in my tracks. She was in a short white poofy dress that had a black flower design that went up one shoulder and a black belt with black flats and her hair curled, she looked stunning. I hadn't realised I was staring so long until Brayden nudged me.

"This dress is itchy" She complained and Brayden and I chuckled

"Suck it princess" I said and she stuck her tongue out knowing I was kidding. I went over to her and picked her up bridal style while Brayden walked in front.

"You look beautiful by the way" I whispered to her and she smiled

"Aren't you being kind tonight. Or are you just distracting me before you throw me down the stairs"

"No I'm being serious. Although you can definitely rock a pair of track pants too" I wink and she slightly blushed and looked away. When we reached the bottom I set her down and we went to the restaurant where we met up with Parker and Mia. The dinner was great and when we just finished desert Parker cleared his throat.

"Mia I have a question to ask you" she turned to him and smiled

"Yes?"

"Mia Clark" he got down on one knee and opened a small box, everyone's jaw dropped

"Will you marry me?"

"Oh my god yes!" Mia exclaimed "I love you so much" she muffled into his neck before he kissed her. "I love you too" I looked over at Savannah as she gushed over the ring giving Mia a hug, I guess they became friends while she was in the hospital. She caught me staring and smiled at me which I returned and awkwardly looked away. Everyone now knew what happened and the entire restaurant was clapping which made Mia turn bright red. Soon after we decided it was time to go back home so as everyone was getting their jackets and saying goodbye to Parker and Mia as they had to go tell her parents the good news I looked over and saw Savannah talking with some guy. She was laughing and he was just smiling at her with this look of awe that I wanted to smack off so badly as I felt this weird feeling that I have never felt before. Before thinking I walked over and put my arm gently around her shoulder "It's time to go now Sav" she looked up at me and smiled giving me a small nod before turning back around to the guy "It was nice meeting you Sam"

"You too. We should hang out sometime" my grip tighten around Savannah's shoulder

"I would love that" they both exchanged numbers and Savannah and I walked out to the car where everyone was already waiting. The ride back was silent mostly with the exception of my parents talking once and awhile. Once we got home I helped Savannah up the stairs and into her room and I still hadn't said a word to her "What did I do to piss you off this time?" she finally asked

"Are you going on a date with that guy?" I asked and she sighed "No Nate, I'm not"

"Well it sure as hell looked like it"

"He's gay Nate! And besides why the hell do you care?!"

I didn't know what to say. I stood there speechless as I realised how big of a fool I made myself out to be. "Well?" she asked

"I'm sorry" I looked away from her and started towards the door, I walked out of her room. As soon as my head touched pillow I was out.

I woke up to screaming "Stop! Please! Leave me alone!" it was Savannah. I jumped out of bed and ran to her room, she was having a nightmare.

"Savannah" I shook her "Savannah hey it's okay" she bolted up and started crying, I cradled her in my arms as she sobbed "Hey shh you're okay"

"Thank you" she croaked

"Of course princess" she smiled "What was your nightmare about?"

She sighed "My dad" she barely whispered

"Savannah, he'll never hurt you again. I promise" she offered me a small smile "Well it's getting late, I should go back to bed" I got up and when I reached the door I heard Savannah say "Nate" I turned around "Yes princess?"

"Stay" I smiled and walked back over to her climbing in behind, she shuffled over closing the space there was between us and rested her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her waist. And soon I let sleep take over me.