Chapter Thirty Nine

Nathaniel's POV

"Savvy let's go!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs. It had been one week since we made the team and although games don't start for a couple months our uniforms and things were in and we had to pick them up.

"I'm coming!" she yelled back

She came jogging down the stairs and followed me out to the car. With the team you get a ball, away and home jerseys, two practice jerseys, three pairs of socks, a tracksuit and windbreaker.

"How's my captain this morning?" I asked and she blushed at the name. She hated it when people made a fuss over her and calling her that in her eyes was doing just that.

"I'm great! And stop with the nickname. I'm still me you know"

"Of course I do beautiful and you should embrace the title. It suits you" I winked at her making her blush yet again "I love your blush"

"Well I love you"

We pulled into the parking lot of where we were picking up our stuff.

"Names?"

"Nathaniel Court"

"Savannah White"

"I'll be right back" she left and came back a couple minutes later with duffel bags with the team logo, our last name and number on it. We thanked the lady and took our bags out to the car where we opened them, Savannah pulled out her jersey that had White on the back along with the number seven. I pulled mine out and it had Court on the back with number four.

"They're better than I thought they would be" Savannah breathed in awe as she stared at her jersey

"Think about it, one day kids could be buying jerseys with our last names on them"

"That would be a dream come true" Savannah said still keeping her eyes on the jersey

"Wanna go get lunch?"

"Can we get McDonalds?" she gave me puppy dog eyes and I caved automatically

"Anything for my captain" I smirked as she shot daggers at me

"Nate" she warned "Call me that again and we aren't having sex for a minimum of two weeks"

"Shit. Okay princess" I learned that to take Savannah's threats seriously because she does hold you to them. I pulled through the drive thru and ordered us both big mac combos before we went to the park and had a picnic with our McDonalds.

"I hope we can still do this when we're famous" Savannah sighed

"Of course we can"

"We can not let fame change who we are"

"I promise"

"I promise too"

"Than there's nothing to worry about" I kissed the top of her head and everything seemed perfect. Little did I know tragedy was right around the corner.