Chapter 12

I wake up the next morning to find the sun peaking through the sheer curtains of the cabin bedroom. I smile, looking back on last night. It was perfect, wasn't it? And who knew Tony could actually cook?

I roll over and find the other half of the bed is not occupied. Huh. That's weird. I slide the covers off and realize that im only in my underwear and Tony's grey shirt. I grab the collar and pull it to my nose. Wow. It smells just like him. Expensive cologne, metal, and aftershave. Might not smell nice to someone else, but I happen to love it.

I get out of bed and make my way toward the living room. Upon further inspection, I find Tony. Not only is he in the kitchen, cooking breakfast, but he is doing so in only his boxers. Is this what the married life is like? Doesn't seem that bad to me.

I yawn slightly and make my way over to him. I wrap my arms around his waist and lay my head against his back. I can hear the rumble in his chest as he laughs slightly.

"Good morning darlin'." He says.

"Good morning. Has anyone ever told you that you have a nice ass?" I chuckle as he turns around to look at me.

"You look good in that shirt." He whispers as he bends down to kiss me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "So, I hope you like pancakes." He smiles again as he goes back to cooking.

"Who doesn't?" I smile as I start helping him cook. We work together so well, it's like we just sync perfectly. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Ok, so, question. I have this really important project that I'm working on and it's getting to be a bit challenging. I normally have Bruce here, but, well, he sorta stole a jet and left without saying goodbye. Which he will be in trouble for if I ever see him again. Anyway, so I was wondering if maybe you'd want to, ya know, be my lab partner?" Tony asks as he sets the pancakes on the table.

"Are you asking me for help, Tony?" I almost choke on my orange juice.

"No, just ya know, need an extra set of hands." He doesn't look up from his plate as he says this. I get up, moving around to where he is. I move and sit in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'll do it, if you admit you're asking for my help." I smirk.

"Come on. That's not fair. You know I'm not, you know!" He sighs loudly.

"I know, you aren't good with this stuff. But Tony, it's just me. Look at me." I put his chin in my hand and make him look at me. "It's just me. If you need my help, all you have to do is ask."

"But that's the part I'm not good at." He pouts.

"I know sweetheart, I do. But I love you, and all I want to do is help. Can't help you unless you ask."

"Fine. Only because it's super hard to say no to you. Do you have some like secret magical power that makes me crazy about you, because if you do, you probably don't even need to use it anymore. I'd be crazy about you no matter what." He chuckles and I feel my insides turn slightly. I do have powers that could make someone do what I want, but I'd never use them.

"Anyway, Dakota, would you help me with my project?" He asks, bringing me back to the conversation.

"I'd love to." I smile down at him and kiss him softly. "We should probably eat before these get cold." I chuckle.

"Or we could eat later?" He smirks as he kisses my neck.

"Not this time Stark. Pancakes are way more important." I laugh.

~~~~

"Hey, babe, listen. I've gotta run and check on Rhodey. I think he over did it today and hurt himself. I'll be back in a few, ok?" He smiles as he kisses my forehead and leaves me in the lab to work.