Chapter 24

"You did it Pietro! I'm so proud of you!" I smile as I run to him for a hug. "I knew you could do it. Now, you can get back in the field!" I smile as I release him.

"Yeah. I'm ready. But I'm only going to get back in the field under one condition." He smiles.

"What? A condition. You just worked your ass off to get back in the game and you have a condition?" I laugh.

"That you join the team too." He smiles.

"Wait, what?" I back away for a moment.

"He's right. We need you out there." Nat says as she comes up behind me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry. You don't have to actually go in the field. We just want you with us. You keep us grounded." Steve smiles at me.

"Well how could I say no to the team Dad?" I smile and pinch his cheek.

"Huh? Team Dad?" Steve raises his eyebrows and I can hear Tony chuckling as he comes into the room.

"Tony, did you know about this?" I ask as I motion to the team before me.

"Well, a little. But they do have a point. You are the glue holding all of us together. And we need you out there. To make sure we all come back the same person that went in. But only if you're okay with that?" He smiles at me and kisses my forehead.

"Wow. Goodness. I might need a little more training, don't you think?" I nudge him.

"That's my girl." He smiles and pulls me in for a hug.

"Don't worry. I've got that training thing covered." Nat smiles at me.

"Yeah. It'll keep her from trying to tie me into a pretzel." Wanda mumbles.

"That was one time." Nat sighs.

"And I'm still not happy about that one time." Wanda smirks as she goes to talk to vision.

"So, think you can rough it with this crew?" Tony asks me.

"Do I get my own suit?" I smirk.

"I've been waiting too long for you to ask that. I made you one a long time ago."

"Wait, really?" I chuckle.

"It's not like mine. Don't worry. Plus, you might not even need it. It's just for emergencies." He smiles down at me.

"Well, if you made it, I'm sure it's amazing." I smile back at him. I lean forward and kiss him softly. "Thank you."

"For?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Being you."

"Babe. You're getting sappy. I think you're tired. Or hungry. Or both?" He questions as he puts his arm around me.

"I'm fine Tony. I just don't tell you enough how much I appreciate you."

"Yeah, well. I don't tell myself that enough either but I don't say it out loud." He smiles as he nudges me toward the kitchen. "What do you want? I'll cook anything." He smiles.

"How about, we cook, together." I giggle.

"Alright. But if I end up covered in some form of food, then so will you." He smirks.

~~~~

"D, your not hitting me hard enough." Nat says as she shoves me across the room.

"Yeah. I don't want to hit you hard, Natasha. I don't see the point in injuring you or someone else on the team. I'll save the real hits for the actual threat. Not waste them for the sake of training." I yell as I get back up off of the floor and walk over to the mat.