Chapter 29

Tony's P.O.V:

"Why does she want us all here? This has to be something serious, right?" Sam asks.

"Maybe it's just because we were all there when she ran out. So she feels she needs to talk to all of us." Nat groans.

We have all been home for a good hour now and everyone has not stopped trying to figure out what it is Dakota wants to tell us.

"True. But boss normally wouldn't make such a big deal out of something this small. Doesn't seem like her." Rhodes states.

"Yes. He's right. She wouldn't do something like that. If it was a big enough deal, she would leave for a while and come back. To get some air. But if it was something like this, she would just stay and talk it out." Wanda says.

"Speculating what's going through Dakota's head will get us no where. She's smarter than the majority of us. There's no telling what it really is." Steve says and everyone just sort of nods.

Finally. It's quiet... for a moment. Or I thought it was.

"Are those the mission sirens?" Nat asks.

"Well, those couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time." Sam sighs.

"Suit up." Steve says and we all rush to get to our gear.

I know I'm supposed to wait for Dakota, but she wouldn't want us to miss a mission. Plus, if we aren't all here, she wouldn't tell us what it is anyway. She's stubborn that way.

"It looks like it's that group of Hydra agents we ran into back at that building. They are holding a research lab hostage. Along with all of the workers there. Not sure what they are there for, but it can't be good." Steve explains as we all get on the jet.

"Wait, what about Dakota?" Sam asks.

"She'll be here when we get back." I state and everyone just goes quiet for a minute as the jet takes off.

Now we just all have to make it back to her. Because on my heart, I know she would burn this place to the ground if any of us come home with even a scratch. As she always says, we are her family, and no one hurts her family.

~~~~

Dakota's P.O.V:

(Song Chapters: Silence by Khalid ft. Marshmello)

Yeah, I'd rather be a love then a fighter

Because all of my life I've been fighting

Never felt a feeling of comfort

All this time, I've been hiding.

And I never had someone to call my own.

I'm so used to sharing

Love only left me alone

But I'm at one with the silence.

I slowly get out of my car, not excited about what I'm about to do. I'm going to do this. I'm going to tell them the truth. I'm going to let them know who I really am.

But the entire way home I tried thinking of ways to put this, and none of them sounded right. Nothing sounds right. All I could think of was them treating me like I'm a freak. Like I'm some monster.