Chapter 18

"Honey, I'm home." I holler as I set my suit case down outside of the elevator.

"Dakota!" Sam shouts as he runs to me, spinning me around. "I can't believe you're actually moving in!" He smiles.

"I know. It's definitely different." I chuckle.

"Is she here?" I hear Natasha from around the corner. "D! Ok so you're not allowed to be gone that long ever again." She chuckles as her and Wanda step into my arms.

"I second that." Wanda smiles.

"I was only gone five days guys. That's not too bad." I laugh.

"Not too bad? I almost didn't make it." Tony says from around the corner. As he comes into view he runs to me, picking me up in his arms and hugging me tightly.

"I missed you too." I choke out, barely being able to breathe.

"You better have." He chuckles as he sets me down. "I'll take that." He smiles as he drags my suitcase away.

"Hey boss." Rhodes says.

"Rhodey!" I smile as I hug him. "How're you feeling?"

"You know, if you don't quit worrying about me, you're gonna have wrinkles." He laughs. "But I'm good. How was China?"

"Oh, it was amazing. Our sales are through the roof, new products are shipping out as we speak, and it's just gorgeous over there." I smile widely.

"Next time, I'm going with you." Jessica says from behind me. "Welcome back Dr." She smiles.

I pull her into a tight hug. "I might have missed you the most." I whisper. "So, how's everything holding up. Has Teresa contacted you?"

"She has and everything seems to be in order. Looks like our new line of dresses has been a success in her market, so we will try beta testing over here within the week. And then hopefully we can get the dishware into serious production by the end of the month." She states, handing me a few forms to sign.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." I chuckle. "Well, here's these. And I've still got some unpacking to do. So I'll be back in the office tomorrow morning." I smile at her.

"Sounds good, see you in the morning boss." She waves and gets on the elevator.

"Alright you, we still have like 20 boxes to go. If not more." Tony smiles as he grabs my hand, dragging me to our now, shared room.

"Babe, slow down. I'm not going anywhere." I chuckle.

"But you've been gone forever, and I missed you." He smiles as he pulls me into his arms. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and look up at him.

"Did you really? I had no idea considering I was on the phone with you almost every hour. You know I'm a busy person. I won't be home all of the time." I smile.

"I know. But when you are home, you're all mine. With our missions, and the crazy amount of jobs you manage to maintain, we don't see each other as much as I want." He pouts.

"Aww, my poor baby. Well, now you'll be seeing me so much, you're gonna get sick of me." I laugh.

"That'll never happen." He chuckles as he pulls me closer. He places one of his hands on the back of my neck and I flinch. Shoot. I forgot it's still tender right there. "Hey, are you hurt?" He asks as he checks it out.

"No, it's just cramping. I fell asleep in a weird way on the jet." I shrug it off and he smiles.

"Alright, so Ive already got a closet set up for you on this side. I haven't unpacked any of your clothes just yet. And then I have a few book shelves over there since someone has more boxes of books than anything else." He smirks.