- T E N-

Chapter Ten: Family Dinner

I got home, mind set on having my first drink Friday. It was only two days away. Mufasa leaped on me the second I opened the front door. After greeting him, I headed straight to my room. I only had two days to figure out what I'd wear to the party. So far, I had no idea where to even start. It was definitely going to be cold since it's November. But parties are usually packed and get hot quickly.

I decided I needed the help of my sister. Lindsay was good at these kinds of things. Party attire is her specialty. She used to always sneak out and go to some party. On the rare occasion I caught her, she always looked fierce. I needed that look for Friday. I needed a fond memory of that night.

"Lindsay!" I called, sticking my head out of my room.

"I'm busy!" She shouted back.

I sighed, "It's a fashion emergency!"

Footsteps quickly formed. She was in my closet before I could register what happened. Clothes began flying everywhere. I rolled my eyes, knowing I'd have to clean them up. She emerged holding the perfect outfit. She was holding a pink crop top sweater and high-waisted skinny jeans.

"You're welcome," She smirked before leaving my room in shambles.

I groaned, beginning to clean my room again. Once the clothes were back in the closet, I took a second to admire my room. My walls were pale blue so I could change the theme whenever I wanted. Right now, my room had a nautical theme. My comforter was blue and white striped. The pillows were blue and white. The throw pillow was yellow with white anchors all over it. I had white carpet so I didn't have to worry about rugs. My nightstand was white. A small white lamp sat on top of it with a yellow shade over it.

My desk was white. There was a mess of notebooks and utensils on it. No doubt my laptop was probably hidden under the mess. There were small yellow containers to hold all of my utensils, but I hadn't gotten around to organizing my desk again. My desk chair was yellow just like my curtains. Small pictures of my family and friends were displayed all over the walls.

I'm gonna miss this room. I thought sadly.

"Knock-knock," I heard mom's voice from behind me.

I spun around and smiled, "Hey mom, what's up?"

She shrugged, "I just got out of cooking so I decided to mess with my favorite child!"

"Lindsay and Tanner locked their doors, didn't they?"

"Yeah," She nodded. "Did you take lion king here for a walk yet?"

I rolled my eyes, "I'll go soon. I need to talk to Tanner."

She frowned, "So you're just gonna leave me?" I shrugged and she shook her head. "Ungrateful brats."

I laughed before heading to Tanner's room. His door was shut, probably to keep mom out. I softly knocked on his door. If he was asleep, I didn't want to wake him. He tends to get the most sleep during the day. Right as I was about to walk away, I heard the door open behind me.

"What do you want?" I could hear the anger in his voice.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Did I wake you or are you on your man period?"

He didn't find my joke funny. In fact, he scowled before slamming the door shut in my face. My jaw dropped. He couldn't seriously be mad at me for what happened earlier. I was only trying to protect him. Instead of barging into his room and yelling at him like I wanted, I marched away.

Not long after our encounter, dinner was ready. My parents wanted us to eat all together before Lindsay left. She was going back to her college dorm tomorrow morning and they wanted to spend her last hours here together. Tanner tried leaving but dad made sure he took a seat.