Chapter Six

Unknown's POV.

My head was facing down because I no longer had the strength to hold it up, they asked me many questions, but for each question I had the same answer.

Who are you? I don't remember

Who made you come here? I don't remember

Who are your parents? I don't remember

Did Suliman make you spy on us? I don't remember

"Man this is a waste" Jalal says as he whips me one more time, the amount of pain that my body was going through was excruciating, I was surprised that I haven't fainted so far.

"I know what you mean, if she really has something to hide we would have broken her by now" Jamal says I could tell that Jalal agreed with him because they silently stood their thinking of what to do.

"She's wasting so much of my time it's irritating me" Jalal takes the whip and lashes it on me one more time which causes me to let out a loud scream.

"Where were you planning on going?" Jamal asks as he leans on the side of the wall, I could tell that he must have been exhausted due to the way he was breathing heavily. I'm not surprised if he was because I could tell that they were using all their force with every whip that made its way onto my skin.

"Me and Marian are going to have dinner, I've been promising her for a while but every time something comes up and I just don't want to break the promise again" once Jalal started to speak about Marian I could tell that he truly loved her, his voice instantly became softer.

"Then just go I'll take care of her and hopefully make her speak" the moment Jamal said that Jalal walked up to his brother and made sure that he wasn't bluffing.

" I'm serious you better leave before I change my mind" I could tell that Jamal really cared for his brother, it's really weird how someone as evil as the both of them can find somewhere in their heart to love.

"Thanks man" and just like that Jalal was gone and it was just us two, although I still didn't have the power to look up, I still felt intimidated once I felt Jamal making his way closer to me, with every step that he took closer a silent sob forced its way out my mouth.

"Now it's just me and you" he finally says once we were next to each other, he was only inches from I knew that if I lifted my head I would be able to touch him.

"I wouldn't be needing this anymore" the next thing I saw was the whip being thrown onto the ground, I didn't know whether I wanted him to actually carry on using it or not because I would rather get whipped a million times other then being touched by his filthy hands.

"Please Jamal I can't take it anymore" I was getting extremely tired and light headed, I wasn't sure whether it was from the beaten or not consuming anything throughout  the whole time I was awake. There were black spots that were slowly forming their way onto the corner of my eyes however I tried to shake them away because I didn't want Jamal to do anything to my unconscious body.

"This has been irritating me the whole day, why don't you just remove it like how all those other girls do" I knew exactly what he was talking about so the moment he laid his hands on it I started to shake my head, I don't know where I got this strength from because I knew just minutes ago I was incapable of lifting my head.

"Please don't remove it, I'm begging you whip me beat me up I don't mind but just don't remove it" I started shaking my head hysterically all though this was causing my toes and my wrists pain I didn't care all I wanted was for him to let go of my scarf.

"Why? Why do you care about it so much when everyone else doesn't even have it around their neck"  that was in need a good question why am I risking my life for this, why wouldn't I just let him take it of my head.

The dark spots that were forming on the side of my eye completely filled my eyes as I could no longer see or feel anything other then darkness.

"Amal" my father called me, him and mother were sitting in he living room, mother had a box on her lap as father had his hand wrapped around mother.

My mother and father loved each other so much, everyone who was around them could see the love that radiated from them.

"Yes father" I said as I made my way up to them I looked at the box at the corner of my eyes as a small smile formed its way their, I knew this was for me but I had to contain my excitement.

"Me and your mother want to talk to you" walking up to my dad I sit on his lap, although the whole living room was empty I would never find a seat as comfortable as fathers lap.

Once I was seated comfortably on fathers lap my mother took the box and put it on my lap, looking at the box I stared at it for a couple of seconds then stared at my parents waiting for them to tell me to open it.

When I got their gesture to open it I didn't waste any time ripping the paper from the box. However what was inside surprised me it was a simple piece of cloth, a cloth just like the one my mum and my other female family members always wore when they were around men.

"Well now that you have come of age, me and your mother have been thinking that you should wear a scarf" I gave them a confused look I always saw them wearing it but I never bothered to ask the reason behind it. When my father saw the confusion on my face a small smile made its way onto his face.

"It is very important that we as muslim women cover our head with a scarf because it is stated in many parts of the Quran" my mother says as she also mirrored the same smile that my father had.

"and not display their beauty except what is apparent, and they should place their khumur over their bosoms..." [24:31]

"And we as Muslims will follow the wording of the Quran" My father finishes of by saying, my father had such a beautiful voice me and my mother would always ask him to read the Quran to us.

"Every Drego women has worn a scarf up to this day and so will you, or do you wish to dishonour your family?" My mother says with a questioning look, I quickly shake my head not even having to think about it, taking the scarf I quickly put it on my hair and hid my beautiful blonde hair.

"Never, I am Amal Drego and I will never dishonour that name"