Chapter thirty five

Amal's POV.

"Why are you being so nice to me when everyone here hates me?" I was staring at a girl who owned the most amazing green eyes, her eyes held so much comfort and so much love that I was drowned to her, however I didn't want to fool myself because everyone in this house was evil starting from the master all the way down to the servants.

"Because as I told you before you remind me of somebody I can't really remember who but having you near me makes me feel as though I'm closer to my old life" she sat down next to me as she starts to cherish the bruise that was forming it's way onto my cheeks. When her cold fingers made its way onto my face it caused me to shiver as I gasped.

"I wish I could have that, something that would remind me of my past life, my first love, Masin"the moment she heard that name she looked up at me, her eyes widened so much as if they were about to pop out her socket.

"My brothers name is Masin as well and I have a twin sister called Marian" looking up at her I finally realised why her facial structure looked so familiar, she looked identical to someone who I knew someone who I was close to.

"What's your full name?" Turning myself completely towards her I had to hear whether my thoughts were actually correct or I was just mistaken.

"Ayah Hassan"

Jumping from the bed I felt the sweat running down my back, however that wasn't the only thing that was running through me, I felt so much regret run through my vein as my memories started to make its way into my head.

The moment my memorise and the realisation of how I was treating everyone in this house as if they were criminal clashed with one another, I felt as if I was the criminal, I felt as though I was a monster that was no way near Suliman because I had accused such innocent people.

"O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion is some cases is a sin." [49:12].

Not being able to take the guilt any longer I instantly got up from the bed and wrapped a scarf around my head as I found my way to Marians room, I was not familiar with the directions to her room because I never  saw a need to go to her but I was determined to make my way to her and sincerely apologize.

"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself, I have given you the hearing, and sight and the brain, and you are responsible for using them." [17:36]

Once I finally made it infront of her door I took a couple of deep breaths in as it helped release any pride that I had held within me, any pride which was going to stop me from taking actions into my own hands. Taking one last deep breath I lifted my hand up and knocked on the door, hoping that she would be alone so that I didn't have to wait any longer to speak to her.

"Coming" I heard her voice from the other side as seconds later I heard footsteps coming closer from the other side of the room, clenching my fingers I could hear my heart beating really fast because I was scared as to how she was going to respond, I might have come to late and she wouldn't want to forgive me, what would I do then?

"Amal you okay" quickly coming back from my train of thoughts I see Marian standing in front of the door as she stared at me with worry in her eyes.

"Yeah I just wanted to speak to you about something" I finally said after a couple of seconds of us just staring at one another