Chapter Sixteen

Amal's POV.

I felt pain in the back of my head, and a migraine behind my eyeballs that was not helping the situation that I was in. Trying to move my hand up to my head I felt a rope like texture scratch against my wrist, quickly opening my eyes I found myself sitting on the ground as I leaned on a big tree.

Looking to my left I see that I was currently sitting in the middle of a forest, I was not sure how I got hear, as I tried so hard to remember the last memory I was brought back to reality when I heard a voice coming from my right side.

Looking at the direction of the voice everything came crashing back to me as I saw my mother and father standing on a log that happens to be seconds away from breaking.

They to had both their hands tied behind their back, and another rope wrapped around their neck. Looking up at their faces father had many bruises on his face as his once white dress shirt had now turned red from all the blood. Looking up at my mother she didn't have as much bruises on her face, however her clothes were ripped exposing some of her skin. Her once covered hair was also exposed to the world to see.

Trying to get up I found it quite difficult due to not being able to use my hand to support me, however I didn't give up as I forced myself on my feet.

"Mother, father" once I was up I started to run to them, everyone's eyes were now set on me. I didn't care though all I could think about was trying to help my parents, but how I didn't know.

"Run Amal, you have to run and hide" my father said but I shook my head, I couldn't just run and leave my parents to die. I could never forgive myself.  Looking up at Suliman he had a smirk on his face he didn't even bother stopping me.

"We love you Amal but you need to go" this time it was my mother who spoke, but I didn't know how they could even think that I would leave them. As my eyes remained on them as I ran I suddenly felt my leg hit something causing me to trip.

I landed on the ground face first since I couldn't support myself with my hand. Looking at what had caused me to fall, it was a rope that was tied from one tree to another.

"Ama...." before my mother could finish what she wanted to say the log that was supporting them broke as both my parents hung on the tree from their neck.

My mother and father were both shaking hysterically as they tried to gasp for air, I tried to get up, I couldn't stand on my feet the first time but when I finally got up I ran to my parents and tried to help them, but I didn't know how. I couldn't lift them up because of my hand and I couldn't go on my knees and let them stand on me because one, who will I do that to and two, I was to short.

"Please don't let them die please help them" I turned to Suliman with pleading us but all he did was shrug his shoulder as that smirk still remained on his face.

"It wasn't me who killed them" he says as he indicates at something behind me with his eyes. Turning around I saw that their was a rock wrapped in rope next to the log that my parents only seconds ago were standing on.

It didn't take me long to put two on two, I was the one that caused the rock to fall when I hit the rope.

"I didn't mean to, I wanted to help you" I turned to my parents as they took their last breaths, their eyes rolled all the way to the back of their head, they stopped shaking as their bodies twitched every once in a while.

"No, please don't leave me" falling on my knees I no longer had the power to do anything. I had just killed my parents. The tears which I held in to be strong for my parents immediately came flowing down.

"Take her and lets go" Suliman told one of his men, then within seconds I felt someone picking me up and throwing me over their shoulder. I didn't have the strength to fight him, I didn't see the need to fight him, whatever punishment awaits me I deserved it since I was the one who killed my parents.

Lifting my head up although my eye sight was blurry from the tears I still managed to take one last look at my parents as they motionlessly hung from the tree, their eyes which ones held so much love and life were now empty.

"Amal" shaking my head, I saw Masin standing beside me with his hands on both my shoulders, he was lightly shaking me as he called my name a couple of times before I finally responded.

"I didn't mean to, I swear it was an accident, if I knew that the rope was there I would have avoided it" the tears that made their way down when I killed my parents have once again started to run down my cheeks as the memory played itself in my head.

"What didn't you mean to do?" Masin kneels down so that now we were both in the same eye level. Without asking he brought his hand up in the air which caused me to flinch and close my eyes, I waited for something painful to occur for what I had done but all I felt was Masin slowly wiping my tears away.

I unintentionally brought my face closer to him so that his hands made more contact with my cheeks. I stood like that for a couple of seconds when my senses came back to me I realised what I did as I quickly moved the chair, back causing all contact between us to end.

"It was my fault, but I swear it was an accident, I love them so much to kill them on purpose" once I finished my sentence everyone gasped, they were shocked from what they heard.

And they only heard half of it.

"Who did you kill?" Masin asks, as he stopped kneeling and got up, taking a big gulp I contemplated whether I should tell them or not, but I came to a conclusion that they had the right to know, closing my eyes I exhaled deeply as I spoke.

"My parents"