Chapter twenty three

Masin's POV.

I know I shouldn't force her to marry me because it is stated that "No previously-married woman should be married off without being consulted, and no virgin should be married off without asking her permission." However I just can't help myself, I can't just sit around and watch the love of my life slip through my fingers.

"So you really going to marry her?" Jamal says as he walks up from behind me, he gave the wall his back as he leaned on it so that he could get a better look at my face and understand what I'm trying to do.

"Wallahi I never wanted to marry her like this I always thought that we would marry out of love but..." I couldn't even finish my sentence, I felt a huge knot on my throat that was making it hard to speak.

"I know what you mean, and I understand why you are doing it" bringing his hand up to my shoulder I felt him tighten his grip on me then he loosened it however his hand still remained on my shoulder as I looked up at him.

"I think it is time that we call King Osman Drego, tell him that his niece is here and since he owes you a favour he will marry her to you" the way that Jamal said it, it made it sound like I was buying Amal but love can never be brought, the love that I have in my heart can not be brought by the worth of this whole world.

"I guess it is time to tell him that his niece is indeed alive." Turning around I walk up to my table and get my phone, however before I dialled Jamal spoke up.

"Do you know that since Amal has the Drego blood in her and her father was the king, if you marry her that will mean that..." but before he could speak I tell him that indeed I knew what would come with marrying Amal Drego.

"And you are fine with holding all the responsibilities of being a king?" I couldn't answer that question straight away because I didn't know the answer, in my heart I never cared about the throne all I cared about was Amal, having her in my life even if it meant it was just the two of us living in a small house alone.

"I guess even if I wasn't ready I don't really have a choice since I love Amal to much" me nods his head as I carry on dialling the number.

Once I was finished I put the phone on my ear and waited for an answer. It didn't take long for the phone to be picked up because within the fifth ring I heard a voice on the other side.

"Hello?" King Osman Drego says from the other line, I could tell that he was exhausted due to his voice. Although me and Osman were not friends in a personal level we still respected each other, and fulfilled our end of all our bargains.

"Salam King Osman this is Masin, how are you and your family?" Although Osman was the kings brother and current king there was still a big age gap between the two because although Amal's father was old enough to be my father, Osman was only older then me by about a year or so.

"Salam Masin, my family is good thank you and yours?" Telling him that my family was fine the small talk between us quickly ended as king Osman got straight to the point, what I like about king Osman is that he never likes to beat around the bushes but indeed get straight to the point.

"Is everything okay? Because its not everyday that I get a call from Masin himself" we both started to laugh since he was right, if anything was ever needed between us I'll get someone else to call and make the arrangements.

"Well this piece of information is very important, but before I tell you it, I want to know if you remember that time when I saved your life and what you said" stopping their I wanted him to recall that scenario and remember what he had promised me that day. We stayed in silence for a while and just when I thought that he had forgotten he finally speaks up.

"Of course I remember that day I will never forget it, I also said to you that I owe you" although I knew that he wouldn't see me it still didn't stop me from nodding my head.

"Well now is the time, I need you to help me on something..." but before I could finish King Osman spoke, "whatever it is just know I will help because that day you rescued me from death, you gave me a second chance to redeem myself to God..." I quickly stopped him once I heard where he was going with that.

"Just know that it is God that has the power to give life or even take it, and without his permission I wouldn't have been there to help you, so you should be thanking him." It wasn't I who rescued him but it was God who put me in this situation to help him.

"I need your help because I want to get married to someone and you are her Wali (guardian)" when he heard me say that I heard him say 'what' on the other side of the line.

"And who is this woman that you want to marry cause I can't think of anyone that I could be there Wali without anyone else being her first option" I didn't know how to say this but I knew that he had every right to know.

"It's Amal Drego, we found her in the forest a couple of days ago and she has no memory of her past..." but before I could say anything more Osman cut me of.

"Amal Drego? Amal she's alive?" I heard happiness and shock on his voice, " but how I thought she was dead plus did you say a couple of days ago and your telling me this now? And what you still want to get married to her? You said she doesn't have her memories then how is she marrying you? Are you forcing her?" He was asking so many questions all at once and I didn't know which question I needed to answer.

"You know what don't answer just know I'll be heading towards you this instant and hopefully I'll be there by tomorrow, so you can tell me everything" telling him that I agree with what he had to say we say our farewells and just like that I put the phone down.

"So?" I heard Jamal say from behind me, turning around I see him sitting on one of the couches, "he said he'll be here by tomorrow, so please tell the the maids to have a room cleaned for him since I'm not sure how long he'll be here" not saying Another word Jamal gets up and silently leaves the room.