Chapter forty two

Amal's POV.

"Ahmed Drego" upon hearing that name I couldn't help myself but laugh at the crazy man standing infront of me.

"How could that be my father never told me that he had a brother" but in second thought if I had this crazy man infront of me as my brother I would hide it from the world.

"He didn't need to tell you anything since you knew from the start. Why are you acting like this Layla?" He took my hands and held onto them. He looked me right in the eye as I saw them pleading for comfort, a comfort that I couldn't provide neither do I want to provide.

"I told you I am not Layla I am her daughter Amal and you are lying because your last name is Hussein and not Drego" trying to move my hands away from him he held them tighter as he remained staring at me. Looking around I wanted to find the nearest exit so that I could escape the first chance I get.

"I am an illegitimate child of Murad Drego and Salwa toki but because my mother was a servant she was the one to blame for the fornication that occurred between the two." The moment he spoke of that memory I could tell he was furious because I could feel his fingers digging into my skin.

"While Murad, who was the current leader of the kings soldiers he had power to stay out of trouble and remain happy in his marriage" pushing me hard onto the bed I fell head back onto my pillow. Suliman stood up and paced around the room.

"Because he had power he lived as though he did nothing but my mother and I lived as though we were criminals, begging in the street to survive" Suliman went to the cupboard that was next to the bed and threw everything that was standing infront of it.

"Why did I have to suffer for the wrong of that man, while his beloved son Ahmed Drego lived a happy life a life filled with love and money." This time he gave me his back but I could still see him staring at me through the reflection of the mirror.

"I was ready to kill Ahmed so Murad knows the pain we are going through but then you came along and captivated all my attention" he turns around and walks up to me with a sad smile on his face, if this was anyone else I would have felt sorry for him but this was Suliman we were talking about so there was no way I was going to feel anything but hate for him.

"You came and with your kind smile and beautiful eyes and helped me escape my darkness, you helped me get a job so that my mother and I could survive, you even came to check up on us every once in a while"  going down on his knees Suliman was now on the ground next to my bed as he stared at me with that same smile.

"I knew that you loved me from that moment on I could tell your feelings just by looking into your eyes,  just like right now all I see is love." he must have a loose screw in his brain if he thinks that the look I'm giving him is love.

"But why did you leave me, after that night everything changed. I don't understand what I did wrong because one minute you loved me the next just as our lips touched seconds later I felt a slap across my face" I tried to move further away from him as much as possible because I could feel him slowly coming inches away from me.

"Suliman what are you doing stop" Layla said as she tried to push me away. But I didn't know why she was doing that because I knew she loved me because if she didn't she wouldn't be doing these things to me and my mother.

Grabbing hold of her hands I pushed her towards the tree and held her captive between and the tree. No matter what she does I will show her how much I love her as well.

"It's okay you don't need to be shy" she was just shaking her head as she screamed for help which confused me even more.

"Why are you being so selfish I want to be able to show you my love as well" but when she wouldn't stop screaming I brought my hand up as I slapped her across the face, that slowly brought her back to her senses as she stood in shock staring at me.

"Please you don't have to do this Suliman a thank you will be enough" shaking my head I felt as though that wouldn't be enough coming closer to her face lips were inches away from hers and just as we were going to kiss I felt something grab my collar and throw me backwards onto the ground.

"What do you think you are doing?" Ofcourse it had to be Ahmed, quickly getting back up I walk up to him and punch him across the face he dodged the first one but ended up receiving the second one.

"This has nothing to do with you Ahmed now leave" Ahmed shook his head as he pulled Layla behind him.

"I will only be leaving with Layla, Suliman I don't want to fight you and if you don't step there are about four guards surrounding this area" looking around quickly I knew that Ahmed wasn't lying because guards always walk in a group of five.

"May we meet again my love"

"But that was the last time I saw you and the next thing I heard was that you got married to Ahmed, why is that Layla? Why?" He grabbed hold of my shoulder as he started to shake me waiting for me to reply but I had nothing to say.

"But you know what that's okay because I finally have you next to me and now I will be king" I quickly shook my head because none of this will work out.

"This cant happen because first I am not Layla but her daughter and secondly I am already married." Now he was the one shaking his head.

"I don't care who you are, you will be Layla and I will be the king"

A/N: Salam everyone sorry there might be some grammar mistake but I will be checking all of that once I'm finished with the book. Sorry for the super duper late update but hopefully I'll get back on track with that.

Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment thank you