Chapter twenty nine

Amal's POV.

The woman staring at me in the mirror looked nothing like how I felt inside. Inside I was breaking and the thought of running away constantly made its way through my mind. However the woman in front of me looked happy, no she wasn't smiling but all the pampering up that Mariam and the maid had done, had truly made her look like the future Queen she was.

"Enough looking at yourself, you look stunning mashallah" Mariam says as she steps out of the bathroom, she was wearing a aqua coloured dress that held her figure beautiful, as her hair fell neatly around her shoulder.

The person who was in fact stunning was her. While her dress held on to her body mine was the exact opposite, my maroon dress was tight on the top but from the waist down it was puffy, and the scarf on my head was a shade lighter.

"Everyone is waiting outside for you" quickly staring at her through the mirror I wanted to understand what she meant by everyone, I didn't know that anyone was going to be invited since it all happened in a short notice.

"Yeah although my parents are not here, our other close family members are" she spoke as if the look on my face answered everything for her, the moment she brought up her parents her face instantly saddened, Although I wanted to ask her why they are not here, seeing her face told me that it would be a bad idea if I did.

"Anyways lets go" she suddenly clapped really hard, which frightened me, causing my to jump a little, however all it did was bring a smile to her face, a smile that didn't intend to reach her eyes.

Turning around, I grab the front of my dress so that I could walk properly as I start to follow Mariam, as we were walking my mind started to drift to my own parents, and how it would have felt like if mother was the one that was getting me dressed on this day, not Mariam. Also how it would have felt like if it was my father that I had to give my answer to and not my uncle.

What would it also feel like if the man I was marrying was someone that I love and not Masin, a sad smile formed it's way onto my lips as a small warm tear made its way down my cheek. Internally shaking my head I needed to stop having these thoughts because all that they are doing to me is causing me pain because none of them were going to help me out of this situation.

"Oh your so happy that you are crying" Mariam suddenly takes me out of my train of thoughts as she stood in front of me, giving her back to a door that I never went through.

"It's okay I know how you felt, but we don't want you ruining your make up before your husband sees you now do we" she brings her hand up and starts to wipe my tears, as her fingers touched my face I looked at her face to understand why she was being so nice to me, but just that action caused a memory to rise within me.

"Don't listen to what they have to say, they are just jealous that you have only been here for days but yet you are Sir Sulimans favourite" the beautiful girl infront of me said as she brought me up to my feet.

"But why I don't want to be his favourite I don't even want to be here I want to go home to my family to Masin" the moment she heard me say Masin her eyes lit up however she quickly brushed it of as she brought her hand up and wiped my tears.

"Who are you and why are you being so kind to me unlike the others?" This time her hands remained on my cheeks as she smiled, a smile that didn't reach her eyes but fought to comfort me.

"Because I feel as though me and you have a bond some how but I'm not sure how and my name is Ayah, Ayah Hassan" her name sounded so familiar yet I couldn't get a grasp of it

"Amal you okay, you just zoned out on me" looking up at Mariam she looked exactly like Ayah, they looked so identical as if they were twins.

Maybe they are the same person and this is all some sick trick that Masin and Suliman are playing on me to get the throne.

"Ayah" that was the only thing that I could say, as I stared at Mariam, the moment she heard me say that name her  eyes became large, as if she was shocked I remembered.

"How do you know that name?" She wanted to bring her other hand and hold both my cheeks but I quickly flicked both her hands away from me and stepped back not wanting to be anywhere near her at this moment.

"Don't you dare come near me, all of you think this is a game don't you? Making me trust you then stepping on my heart as if it was nothing." She just stood there shocked, I didn't know whether it was because I was growling at her for the first time or because I used force on her just seconds ago.

"Telling me if I worked with Suliman but in fact, it is you guys who work with him, do you guys get pleasure from hurting other people? This is a humans life you are playing with" I could feel myself being in the edge of breaking down but I had to hold on because I would never ever from now on show them the power that they had over me.

"What?" But before Mariam could even speak the door went flying open and there was Salma infront of the door. At first she looked shocked to see us but when she realise we were infront of the door she opened the door more as she stood on the side with her head down.

"The guests have been waiting for you two, so please come in" But Mariam couldn't do anything all she did was stand and stare at me with horror on her face. When Salma repeated her words again that's when Mariam quickly shook her head and looked at Me one last time before she turned around and started to walk in.

Looking inside, the room looked like a big ball room, there was a big chandelier in the middle and a stage that had two beautiful chairs. And the whole wall around the room was made of windows that were covered with beautiful red curtains.

"Are you coming in your highness" Salma cut me short from observing the room. The way she said the last word was as if it was poison on her mouth and the only way to rid of it is through spitting it out.

Not replying to her I started to walk inside the hall but before I could take another step past her she grabbed my hand in a way that no one could see what she was doing.

"Remember what I told you, so smile" she tightened her hands around my wrist which caused me to tighten the grip on my dress, the last thing I wanted to do was stand next to her and speak about the one think I have been trying to forget.

Turning around to look at her I saw her look me in the eyes as a fake smile was plastered on her face. Just as I was going to say something I heard my name getting called out.

The moment Salma also heard that she quickly lets go of my hand and looks down at the ground. Not bothering to look at who was calling me, I bring my hand up to her chin and lift her face up so that she could look at me in the eyes.

"Know your place, maid"and this time it was me who had the fake smile on my face, turning around I tried to make my smile more realistic as I tried to figure out who was calling my name.

A/N: sorry if there are many errors I just felt the need to upload, since it's been a long time since I last updated. Enjoy.