Chapter 14

I sped to Bri's, ran to her door,  knocked loudly and kept knocking until the door finally opened.

Bri opened the door and looked like she had been crying. "Elaine?" She squeaked out.

I said nothing. I stepped in, placed my hands on her cheeks and pulled her lips to mine. I kissed her with everything I had, whilst my stomach flipped and I felt the sparks again.

I started walking backwards toward her bedroom, keeping my lips on hers. We bumped into her door and I stopped kissing her long enough to open it and push her inside, then close the door. I pulled her back into to me and slammed our lips together. She ran her tongue over my bottom lip, asking for entrance and I immediately gave it to her.

I started pulling at her shirt and she grabbed my hands to stop me.
"Wait," she muttered, panting hard. I left my hands on her hips, but stepped back and looked at her questioning. "We should talk about this," she said.

I dropped my hands, walked over to the chair at her desk and sunk into it. She sat opposite of me on the bed and said, "Look at me."

I spun the chair around and moved it closer to her. She grabbed the back of my knees and pulled me until our knees were touching, then put her hands in mine.
"What made you come here?" She asked.

I sighed, "You."

"I didn't mean to push you..," she started to say, but I stopped her.

"Bri, I'm not great at this," I said, whilst motioning my hand between us, "But, I.. do like you. You mean a lot to me and the thought of losing you is..it's..well, it's just not an option for me. I can't say that I won't fuck up or hurt you, but I can promise that I will be good to you. I can promise to try."

She smiled, stood, then put her forehead on mine, "Thank you," she whispered.

I took her to bed after that. I made love to her and took my time. She needed to feel safe and cared for and I wanted more than anything, to give her that. She deserved it and so much more.

We stayed wrapped in each other's arms and talked until we fell asleep. I did my best to expose my feelings and she did the same. It felt good and a little weird at the same time, but I promised to try and intended on keeping that promise.

I woke the next morning to Bri's head on my chest, an arm slung across my bare stomach and her hair splayed across my face. I pushed her hair away and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, then traced circles on her back. She stirred a little, then rolled over and turned her back to me. I chuckled, sat up in bed and stretched my muscles out. I looked at the clock and it was half past six. I need coffee.

I got dressed, then snuck out as quietly as I could and tiptoed to the kitchen, so I wouldn't wake Stephanie as well.

I leaned against the counter and stared at the coffee pot, willing it to hurry the fuck up, when I heard someone clearing their throat. I spun around and Stephanie stood there, with her arms crossed and an arched eyebrow.

"Good morning," I said quietly.

"Oh, I bet it is." She smiled, then winked.

"Oh no, fuck off Steph, it's too early." I said a little louder.

She just laughed and did her weird happy dance, but added a couple of pelvic thrusts at the end. I snorted a laugh, then turned back around to stare at the coffee pot.

I sat at their dining table, going through e-mails on my phone and sipping my coffee, waiting for Bri to wake up. Stephanie was eating cereal and annoyingly slurping the milk from her spoon.