Chapter 26

It was the evening before the grand opening of the club, to say we were jittery was an understatement. This was different than the benefit; everything we did, fell back on Jess. Bri was the most level headed and did her best to calm us down. In the end, we decided to go have drinks at Jess's bar to cool our nerves.

The alcohol seemed to help, plus there was a good vibe in the bar. Everyone was pretty excited about Jess taking over the new club and the community was buzzing with getting to see Kierra perform.

I was about my third drink in and it was nearing six o'clock, when I heard someone say, "It's almost time!! Jess change the channel!"

I looked at Bri and Meghan, but they were in a middle of playing quarters, so I looked back to Jess behind the bar. She was turning off the jukebox and turning all the televisions on to the same channel.

"What's going on guys?" I asked the table.

Julian, Bri and Meghan shrugged and Stephanie said there was an important interview starting soon.

When Jess got back to the table, she said, "Sorry Elaine. They've been hounding me all week to let them watch this special and I didn't think you would be here, so I agreed."

"What special?" I said, but the girls making the fuss, hushed me.

I made a face, then they flipped me off and pointed to the screen in front of us.

Rebecca's face lit up the screen, then a famous journalist appeared and spoke about an exclusive interview and tell-all and blah blah blah. I wasn't having any of this, I stood up to leave, but Bri grabbed my arm and sat me back down.

I guess I am having this.

"You can't keep running away, you need to face this." She said in a stern voice.

"I face it fine, just not in public." I said, annoyed.

"Oh, for fucks...just suck it up." Bri whispered.

I sat back, crossed my arms and stared at the screen as Rebecca was being introduced and sat elegantly in the chair facing the interviewer.

God, she's beautiful.

The interview started and Rebecca looked nervous, but happy, which was surprising, she was never nervous in front of the camera.

"Thank you for joining me and for this opportunity, Miss Sutton," began the interviewer.

"Thank you for having me, Rachael and please call me Rebecca." She said, politely.

"You're welcome, Rebecca. I'll just jump right in, there are rumours of a new album, that may be released soon. Is there any truth to that?" Rachael asked.

"Erm, well, we're working on a release date, but yes. This album has been in the works, even before I finished the last. I put a lot of sweat and time into this one. I feel it's the best one yet." Rebecca answered.

"That's great news for your fans! Any chance for a title reveal?" Rachael asked.

"Sure, it's called, "Home," Rebecca smiled.

"And what makes this album different than the others?" Rachael asked.

"Well, I wrote most of the songs and it's the one album, I can say, bears my true heart. I left it all on the table. I can only hope it's received well." She answered.