Chapter 24

Yep, pure hell. Stephanie kept giving me the evil eye, Meghan wouldn't stop poking me and Bri, well she was quiet the whole way home. I slept when Meghan wasn't poking me, trying to get rid of the hangover, then bolted from that plane, the minute they let us out.

I forgot about baggage claim, as we all stood there, awkwardly waiting for our luggage.

Jess picked us up and asked why no one had anything to say on the car ride home.

I told her I would talk to her later, to which Stephanie said, "Someone better talk to me about what the fuck is going on here."

Meghan spoke up, "Yeah, me too. All I know is these two," pointing at Bri and I, "Aren't together anymore and it's that one's fault," pointing in my direction. "Is it because it looked like Rebecca Rae was staring at Elaine, when she was singing that song? Because, she was probably just looking at the crowd in general. No need to get upset." She said, looking at Bri.

"Can we not talk about this?" I pleaded.

"I don't think you should get off so easy." Stephanie said.

"Steph please. This isn't helping." Bri finally spoke up.

Stephanie sat back and crossed her arms, whilst Jess shook her head in the mirror.

...

Jess dropped Bri and Stephanie off first, then went straight to her bar, with Meghan and I in tow. We knew not to argue, Jess had that serious look on her face.

We sat at the end of the bar as Jess grabbed 3 beers, then slid them to us. "Alright, talk." Jess looked at me.

Meghan sipped her beer and looked right at me with her serious eyes.

"I don't know what to say, really. Bri found out that I'm still in love with my ex, but it's a little more complicated than that." I said with a sigh.

Meghan laughed, "Um, everyone knows you're still in love with your ex, even Bri. I always thought she was a trooper for sticking around anyway."

"Wait, did you cheat on her?" Jess asked.

"What? No! I mean I kissed someone else, but it was quick and no tongue or whatever. She doesn't know about it though, and I would prefer it if you kept it that way." I said.

"Then, what's the big deal?" Meghan asked.

"It's not right, me being with Bri when I can never give her my heart." I answered.

"I'm not going to take back the offer of her being the club manager and she better not change her mind." Jess said, harshly.

"I'm sure she won't. She was excited for it." I promised.

"Ok, is there anything else we should know?" Jess asked.

" Not right now." I answered.

Neither of them argued, but I could tell they were both miffed at me. They had become quite close to Bri and Stephanie and didn't want to choose. Like, I'd make them. I was fond of both of them as well and it hurt bad, to think about losing them.

We finished our beers and Jess drove me home first, presumably so that they could sex each other. You know, they're lying to me too.

I left my stuff in the foyer and threw myself on the couch and just laid there. I was exhausted, sad, frustrated and I still haven't processed the fact that I saw Rebecca the day before and she sang that One Republic song to me. Fuck it, shutting my brain off and going to sleep.

...

The next week was fucked. Neither Bri, nor Stephanie would speak to anyone in the group and Jess was beginning to lose her shit. I promised to go over and speak to them and try to smooth things over, so on Friday, I headed to their apartment after work.