Chapter 16

Bri drove me to the airport and held my hand the entire way. Having that talk was good for us, because we've been pretty happy all week. She asked a few things about Ashley and I told her as best as I could, without revealing her identity.

She stayed with me until I had to go through security, then kissed me and told me to have fun. I waved her goodbye and headed to my terminal, then waited the goddamn hour and a half it takes to board a plane. I know it's not their fault, but that part of flying always irritated me.

I landed in sunny and very, very, hot Las Vegas and Ashley had sent a driver to pick me up. Aw. That's sweet. Now, Vegas was one of the stops on my tour of the country, but I stayed in the old part and didn't stay but a few days. When the limo pulled up to the MGM, I was blown away. It was magnificent and huge. I couldn't wait to see my room.

I was in the middle of unpacking my toiletry bag when I heard a loud banging on the door. It was almost as if someone was kicking the shit out of it. I opened it and there stood Ashley in all her glory, holding a bottle of vodka in one hand, a bottle of gin in the other and the biggest smile ever.

"We can get fucked up in a whole new state together!!!" She yelled.

I took the bottle of gin, then pulled her into a tight hug. I have missed this bitch so much.

"Erm, don't you have a concert or something?" I joked.

It was nice being around a friend that I didn't have to watch my accent with and I could slip back into the old me.

"Psh, yeah, but I do those all the time. I haven't seen YOU in over a year! I think this takes precedence." She waved me off.

She literally does not do them all the time.

Ashley is super intelligent, but you would never know. She plays her part in front of the camera, but she has found a way to follow her dreams, hold on to her happiness and get rich whilst doing it.

Her secret: Procrastination and doing whatever the fuck she wants.

She doesn't rush shit. She's the only artist that takes 2 years to do a tour that should take less than 1, because she'll spend two weeks or more in a place she's particularly fond of. She is 26 years old and has only been on 3 tours since she rose to fame a decade ago.

For some reason, her attitude and procrastination just makes her more famous and even richer when she finally does go on tour. Her fans never know when they're going to see her again, so they'll pay anything. It's crazy.

She chooses her own appearances, she sleeps with whomever she pleases and she gives zero fucks about what anyone thinks of her.

She's also down to earth. After every concert, she'll hang with the VIP ticket holders and sometimes even take them out after the show. If she clicks with a fan, she strikes up a friendship with them. If she's attracted to a fan, well... Ashley is the pure definition of freedom. I wish I could be like her. I kinda wish Rebecca could have been like her.

"Hannah!!! Do you still take ginger ale with your gin?!?" She yelled from the kitchenette.

"Yes, please!" I yelled back.

A few minutes later, she was handing me a drink, whilst sipping on a vodka and cranberry.

"That is the nastiest fucking drink I've ever tasted." She said and scrunched up her nose.

"And yet, you somehow make them perfectly." I quipped.

"I bartend on the side, it's how I make my real money." She shrugged.