Lost of a 'Friend'

Ari's POV

After that fiasco with Jessica, My mom texted me and said she was coming home early. Ethan and I went back to my house and we were watching Netflix in my room when my mom came to my room "Hey babe, Hey Ethan" Ethan looked at my mom "Hello Mrs Johnson, how are you?" She smiled "I'm just fine Ethan" She looked at me "What's going on? I haven't seen Jess in a while is she okay?" I sigh and tell her what happened and she looks at me intently "Well, that's not right, she shouldn't have said that to you sweetie. I'm sorry that she did that to you. You made the right choice, no real friend would put you in that position" She smiles at Ethan and I "You guys are so cute together" She sighed a little "Ethan, you better not hurt my girl" She looked at him sternly. Ethan gulped a bit "I don't plan on it Mrs. Johnson. I love her, I want to be with her forever" He looked at me and smiled.

When he said that, I smiled a bit thinking of the dream I had a few nights ago.  My mom looked at me and smiled "I see that you both are happy. Just say happy with each other." She looks at Ethan before she walks out of my room "You're good for her. She's never been happier" I look at her "Bye mom!!" I yell and she walks out of the room laughing. Ethan smiles "Well I'm happy that I make you happy babe" I smile at him "Oh you goofball" I look at him for a minute and kiss his cheek.

Ethan's POV

We are laying in her bed with my arms wrapped around her and her arms around my waist. I chuckle to myself then look down at her I love her so much. I never want to lose her. I'll do anything for her, I hope she knows that. With that my phone rings, I see it's Gray on the line I pick up

G: Hey bup

E: Hey, What's up?

G: Nothing, just wanted to check in on you. How are you?

E: I'm good. How are you?

G: I'm good as well.

While I was talking to Gray, Ari wakes up "Babe, who are you talking to?"

G: Is that Arielle?

E: Yeah Gray

G: Ethan!!!

E: What??

G: Nothing... I gotta go. Talk to you later. Congrats on you and Ari

He hangs up... I'm confused.. Why was he so mad? Did he like Ari?

Grayson's POV

So... while I'm in Jersey, my brother decides it would be a good idea to go after Arielle. He didn't know how I felt about her, the signs were all there though. She never felt the same way she always friendzoned me. If she would have just given me a chance we would be together. I guess I'm a bit jealous it wasn't me. I wish it was me though. I feel that she's supposed to be with me but I'll just be happy that she's with him. I love them both and I wish them all the happiness

Ari's POV

Ethan just got off the phone with Gray and he said that he was pissed about something and hung up the phone on him. I guess he liked me when we were younger, Ethan didn't know of course and I kinda did but I wasn't really into him like that. I kept friendzoning him because I wanted to be with Ethan and he seemed to be okay.. I guess not.

I looked at Ethan "Ethan?" He looked at me and smiled "Yeah babe?" I looked down at my covers "Can I tell you something?" He sat straight up "Go ahead babe?" I took a deep breath "I'm pretty sure that Gray likes me" Ethan chuckles a bit "That would explain a lot. Especially why he hung up" I sigh "Yeah, I'm so sorry" He looks down at me "Don't be... it's not your fault" I look at him and smile a bit "I hope he's happy for us. He's my bestfriend" I lay back on his shoulder and I get a text message.. I huff and Ethan looks at me "Babe, ignore her... if it's her" I look at my phone and let out a sigh of relief "it's not her.. it's Gray"

Ethan looked at me "Oh what did he say?" I laugh a bit "Nothing much just that he misses his bestfriend and he wants me to tell you that he's sorry that he hung up on you. He said he'll call you later" Ethan chuckled a bit "Okay, tell him I said goodnight" He says as he holds me. I send the text and then I lay back down with Ethan. "Want to go to my house tomorrow after school?" He asks me with a gleam in his eyes. I smile "Sure babe" I look at him and think about how lucky I am.. I might have lost a 'friend' but I gained so much more