Chapter 8 - Caught

Scarlette Thompson

"Meeting room.. now!" Erica said and I got up in a speed of light and walked out from my office along with Tina. We walked to the meeting room and I'm nervous as hell. I pulled out my pony tail making my hair fall down to cover my face.

I entered the meeting room along with Tina, Eddy, Eden and Olive. We all sat down in a straight line waiting for Matthew or maybe someone else to come.

Suddenly the door bursted open revealing Nicholas Lemiere along with his son Matthew Lemiere who is my boss. We all got up from our seat and bowed our head a little.

"Good morning."

"Morning." We all said.

"Please sit down." Nicholas said. He and Matthew sat right across us more like Matthew is sitting across me. I kept trying to bend my head down.

"So let's start the meeting.. This is the first time I'm meeting you designers. So.. Let's see.." Nicholas opened a file.

"Tatiana." He called and Tina raised her hand.

"Eddy"

"Eden."

"Olive." He called them one by one.

"Scarlette." I raised my hand and looked at him.

"Can you pull you hair a little bit so I can see your face clearly?" He asked and my eyes widen. I slowly put my hair to the back and I turned to Matthew but he has no reaction when he saw my face. Thank God for that.

"Okay.. So let's start the meeting right away." Nicholas said.

The meeting started and Nicholas started to talk about the design that he wants and things like that. He even asked about our opinion  about designs and I can say that he's a really smart and kind man. Not like Matthew.. he just sit around doing nothing.

Nicholas gave us 4 days of work only and the 5th day which is friday.. he will let us have meetings and discuss about the progress. I mean.. on Friday.. I only have a meeting that will only last until 12. Damn.. I never know that a sucessful businessman will give us 4 days of work only. Amazing.

"Any questions?" Nicholas asked.

"No, sir." We all said in unison.

"Then.. I'll go first and let Matthew take over." He smiled and got up form his chair. He walked out and now.. it's just us 5 and Matthew Lemiere.

"So.. I want you to start make it starting from today until this friday." He said.

"Yes.. sir."

"Okay.. You all can go except you and Eddy." He pointed at me and my eyes widen. I gulped nervously as I nodded. They all walked out except me and Eddy.

"So I studied your designs and I found out something interesting.. Come with me." He said as he got up. I got up from my seat and followed him to his office.

He opened his laptop and showed it to me and Eddy. Our eyes widen..

"I asked you to make a design last week right?" He asked me.

"Yes sir."

"And I asked you to make a design 3 days ago.." He looked at Eddy.

"Yes sir."

"This is the result of the design that I ask my friend to combine." He said and I nodded. I made an abstract design last week. The background is white and I made an abstract pattern with a thin line. It's not to much but the color defines really beautifully. That's what I think..

As for Eddy.. He made the design of the clothes. It's a sweat shirt and it's oversized. So Matthew asked him to make the shape fo the sweatshirt.

"This is a cool design.. I want you two to work together to make this kind of clothes." He said.

"But sir.. can I.." Eddy raised his hand a little bit.

"What?"

"I think Scarlette's design is too big.. we can scale it smaller so it won't be too much." Eddy said and looked at Matthew nervously. Matthew walked towards us and stood between me and Eddy. He looked at the laptop.

"Maybe.. Adjust this again and give me the result tomorrow. Just try a lot of different style and give it to me tomorrow because I want this out." He pointed as he looked at his laptop seriously.

"Yes sir.. Will do."

"Good.. You may go." He said and I turned my body.

"Who said.. that I ask you to go?" Oh shit!

"Me?" I turned to him and pointed at myself.

"Yes.. Ms. Thompson. I'm not done with you." He said and I gulped nervously. I nodded and walked back towards him.

"You make this?" He clicked his laptop and I nodded seeing my design.

"But.. that's when I'm at Megawork."

"Frank gave me." He said.

"Oh.."

"I want you to make this kind of design.."

"For shirt? Hoodie?"

"Just make it.. I'll tell what it is for later." He hissed coldly. Rude much?!

"Okay.. I mean.. yes sir." I said and he looked at me annoy.

"This is a workplace so tie your hair neatly."

"Yes sir." I bowed a little and walked towards the door.

"Scarlette right?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"Next time.. Don't eat tacos while trying to take somehing from your bag." My whole body froze.. my eyes widen and I looked at Matthew in horror.

"I'm sorry.. sir.. I'm sorry.. I'm-"

"Do you think I won't remember your face? You're trying to cover your face because you're hoping that I won't recognize you right?" He asked and I looked down.

"I'm sorry sir."

"Just go.." He gestured and I looked at him disbelief.

"I'm sorry sir.. Once again I didn't mean to-"

"Just go.." He hissed coldly and I pouted. I walked out from the room. I smacked my head for being so stupid.

"Scarlette! You're so stupid" I slapped my cheek and smacked my head when suddenly Matthew's office's door opened.

"What the heck are you doing?" He asked and my eyes widen. I smiled a little and ran away.

Oh shit! I'm in damn shit!