Chapter 16 - He's Evil

Matthew Lemiere

"Last month someone killed 5 of my men, they were kidnapped and they're all been asked where my clan is." I said to Scarlette.

"One of them is Mrs. Beckervil's son." I added and Scarlette closed her mouth with her hands.

"This guy.. and this guy are the one who killed my men and if you see their criminal record.. This.. relates to this." I showed her the picture of her parents along with other people.

"Kevin's mom came from a wealthy family when his dad not. Their family didn't approve them but they got married secretly. His dad has a law firm.. where your dad works." I explained and Scarlette looked at the screen secretly.

"Do you think.. your dad will go to that place along with your mom and got into a mass shooting?"

"He's not the type who will hangout around after work." She answered.

"That's the point.. It's a set up because I believe that your parents were killed here." Dylan took over and showed her the video. It's video from the surveillance video that we got.

"So this related to your men's death?"

"Yeah.. Because someone always tried to destroy us.." I said.

"But why? I mean.. you guys are the good guys. Why my parents? There's a lot of people out there why my parents?" She said.

"Not everyone like us.. since our parents." Aiden said.

"You said Kevin behind all this?"

"Let me explain.." Autumn said when suddenly my phone rang. I gestured everyone to stop. I connected my phone to the main room so everyone can hear. I answered.

"Hello Landen Grey."

"Looking for Kevin Kard's trace?" He asked and that made me smirk. My friends already looked at me confuse.

"Not only you who lost 23 people but I lost 36 people this year." I turned my head to Andrew and he was already smirking.

"I got this surveillance video.. I bet you still have no clue about this." He sent something through my email and I played it to the screen.

"That's my parents." Scarlette said and I looked at the screen seriously.

"That's not a mass shooting, I think your parents know something about your dad's law firm until he had to kill your parents." I said and her eyes teared up.

"So why is he trying to get close to me?"

"This case." Landen sent something through email and Daniel opened it.

"So Ms. Thompson.. I believe your dad is the one who handle this case." Landen said through the phone.

"Kevin's dad pass the case to your dad because he knew it was too dangerous to handle because it connects with a lot of company." Landen explained.

"The government wanted to close the case but your father wants justice for people so he decided to continue the case. Your father is a really good man but apparently he wasn't surrounded by good people in this case. The government asked Kevin's father to close the case but your dad kept insisting to keep it." Landen said.

"Smart brain, Grey."

"Mass shooting was just.. a frame." Christian said and I nodded.

"But what do Kevin want from me?"

"I know that your parents died long time ago but the case still not done yet. They stopped the case because the government don't want to expose themselves." Landen added and I nodded.

"So can we take back the case?"

"We can.. but we have to know what is Kevin up to first." I said and she turned to me.

"But why this has to do with you guys?"

"Landen and we are a part of elites, we're in a group with other most powerful businessman. Just like they did to my dad's family, they wanted to tear us down. So we have to be strong aware.. they wanted to know our clan or crib or base or whatever you call them." Brandon explained.

"They killed our men to gain information to tear us down and apparently we work for the goverment too for export and import industry to this case will drag us too because we link to them." Marco added.

"Matthew Lemiere.. You should see this then." Landen sent another file to us and I opened it on the screen. My eyes widen..

"Oh shit.." Lauren said.

"Yes.. That's your man right? I found this when I'm looking for my 2 missing men. They really take this seriously.."

"So what should I do?" Scarlette asked.

"Act like you know nothing." Landen answered.

"Be friends with Kevin."

"How can I be friend with him? His dad was he one who killed my parents!" Scarlette said angrily.

"We need to know what is he up to.." I said.

"Because if we don't stop him.. it will drag us all too because we're link with the government."

"But you guys didn't do anything bad."

"They can frame us.." Andrew said.

"I can't pretend again.. I already know how evil he is." Scarlette said.

"Then.. let's just let it flow." Landen said.

"Okay.. for now.. let's just let it flow but you becareful." I said to Scarlette.

"Well.. Thanks for the information Grey."

"Welcome." He ended the call and I walked to the cupboard. I took 3 small card and put it in front of her.

"Buy a dark phone case and put this behind it, one in your bag and one in your body." I said looking at her seriously and she nodded.

"But what is this for?"

"Just trust me.. you'll need it." I smiled to her.