Chapter 38 - Clumsy + Scarlette

Matthew Lemiere

I stopped in front of the flower shop and looked at it. I sighed big time.. Should I buy it or not? Buy it or not? Buy it or not? Buy it or not?

"That one please." I said and the staff gave it to me. I paid for it and smiled. I walked back to my car and drove the car towards the hospital. I looked at the time and yes it's 8 p.m. I speed up towards the hospital and got off the car after parking it.

I walked inside looking at the flower. I can't help but smiled widely. I bursted Scarlette's door and found her and my fucking brother laughing. She turned her head to the door and smiled looking at me.

"Don't give me that look." Brandon smirked as he got off from Scarlette's bed. He walked towards me and patted my shoulder. He smirked looking at the flowers.

"Is that for me?"

"From my mom."

"What a fucking liar." Brandon said before he walked out the door. I walked to her and gave it to her. Her face light up and smelt the flower.

"Thankyou, Matthew." She said.

"My mom-"

"Stop lying.." She said and I plopped on the seat beside her bed.

"What's with the face? Being grumpy again?"

"Grumpy? Since when?" I asked her disbelief.

"You're always grumpy.. and oh! I will get back to work tomorrow." She squealed and I looked at her bored.

"Who said you can go to work?" I asked.

"Brandon."

"That.. little boy!"

"Oh.. Did you hear the news?"

"What news?"

"Brandon will take care of T I L E and you will take the oil division." She said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Since when and who said that?"

"Your dad." What?! I took out my phone and dialed my dad's phone. I put the phone to my ear.

"I guess you heard the news.." He said as soon as he picked up the call.

"Explain me why?"

"You won't concentrate on your work, if you're in one team with Scarlette."

"Dad! You know I'm professional." I hissed and Scarlette chuckled. I glared at her and she ignored me.

"Well.. Sorry son. I have to do it and you don't have any other choice."

"I don't mind having a new boss." Scarlette said.

"See.. she even agree."

"That's because she finds Brandon attractive and handsome!" I hissed and she laughed.

"Are you jealous?" My dad asked.

"Why would I be jealous?"

"Well.. you're taking Lemiere's oil and Brandon will take over T I L E." He ended the call. I looked up to Scarlette and she smiled widely.

"Don't even think about it.."

"What?" She asked innocently.

"I know you like him."

"Matthew, are you seriously jealous with your brother?" She asked and I glared at her.

"Well, I like my new boss than my old boss."

"That's it.." I walked towards the door.

"Hey! I'm joking and where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going to have a serious talk with my dad." I said and opened the door.

"Oh come on, I think your dad is right."

"Right about what?"

"It's better for us to.. you know.. have a distance."

"What is that even mean?"

"My friends will think that you like me more and then scold them more.. you know.. things like that."

"I said I can work professionally."

"You cannot." She shook her head and my jaw fell.

"Why can't I? I can." I hissed and she patted the spot in front of her. She pulled my hand making me sit down.

"Look Matthew.. I think it's better for you to listen to your dad and besides we can meet up for lunch." She smiled snd I shook my head.

"I never listen to people."

"You're unbelievable!" She hissed and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"And who said that you can work tomorrow? You need rest!"

"I have enough rest and I'm fine."

"No.. you need rest.. move in with me."

"You will get killed by my grandmother." She said and I looked at her blankly. She's right.. her grandmother. She still hates me.

"Yes you wil-"

"Can I get a kiss?" I asked and she looked at me disbelief. She got off the bed and slipped. I held her body tightly and she stood up straight.

"I swear.. there's no one day without you not being clumsy."

"Bare with it or break up with me!"

"Geez.. sensitive much?"

"I'm the one who ask you out and if you're being annoying.. I will be the one who break it."

"Clumlette.. You cannot do that."

"Clumlette?"

"Clumsy + Scarlette.. make sense?" I smirked and she smacked my chest.

"Call me that.. I will call you Mr. Lemiere again."

"Clumlette." I smirked and she glared at me.

"Call Brandon again please.. he's a better company than you."

"I will hack into your phone and block his number and everything related to him. I don't care if he's my brother too."

"You're unbelievable!"

"He's more handsome than you.." She said in a loud voice but ended it with a small tone. I raised my eyebrows and leaned my head to her.

"What? I didn't hear that.."

"He.. Handsome.. More.. than.. you.." She gestured my face and hissed. She sat on the bed again.

"No.. touching." She stopped me.

"What the?!"

"You may go.." She gestured the door.

"Clumlette.. are you being serious?" I asked but before she can answer. I sat in front of her and hugged her. Gosh.. One day of work is enough.. I miss this girl.

"Hey.. no touching!"

"I'm tired. Let me just recharge my body." I said and she hugged me tighter. That made me smile, she patted my back too.

"Go home and rest.." She whispered and I love how she can be serious when I want to be serious and she can be clumsy and funny when I really need that.

"I want Clumlette."

"I hate you!" She smacked my back and I laughed.