Chapter 32 - Apologies

Matthew Lemiere

"Can I speak to Ms. Thompson's family?" The doctor came out from the operation room.

"I'm her fiance." I said and he turned to me.

"Well.. She's okay but she's in coma now. Someone choked her too hard so it was hard for her to breath. I can tell by her neck, there's a nail marks. The knife wounds on her stomach already been treated and it will heal soon. The good thing is there are no damage on her head that effects her brain.. she will be okay as long as she wakes up.. which is we cannot predict when." He said and I sighed in relieve.

"Can I see her now?" I asked.

"Yes, after the nurses move her to the regular room." He said and I nodded.

"Thankyou." I said and the doctor smiled. He left and I waited for the nurses to move Scarlette. 

"You okay?" Dylan asked as he stood beside me.

"Yeah.. I'm okay. Why?"

"You're a wreck."

"Thanks for the compliment but I want you to leave me alone." I said as I saw the nurses push Scarlette out. My heart broke to see her unconscious. She's so pale and just.. look so lifeless. She's like a zombie. I followed her to the regular room.

"Thankyou." I said to the nurses and they bowed a little. They closed the door and I sat down beside the bed. I held her hands and looked at her. My heart broke seeing her like this.

It was all my fault, I can't believe that I let my guard down on her. I shouldn't have leave her alone in New York and just trust everyone in my company to be good. I kissed the back of her hand and caressed it slowly.

"I'm sorry.. please wake up soon.. I'm sorry." I sighed and can't stop blaming myself for this. If I didn't let my guard down.. she won't be in pain and even be in coma. She almost died in front of my eyes and I swear.. this won't happen again in the future. I will never let slip out from my sight again.

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry." I kissed the back of her hand again hoping that she will wake up soon. Suddenly my phone rang, I took it out from my pocket and it's Marco.

"Hey Matthew, I'm with the bitch now. What should I do?" He asked and my head turned to Scarlette.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes, I'll think a way to finish her for good." I said coldly and ended the call.

"Crystal.. Watch Scarlette for me, I need to finish that bitch."

"Roger that." She said and I ended the call. I put my phone back to my pocket and turned to Scarlette.

"I'll be back.. Please wake up soon okay?" I kissed her forehead and walked out from the room. I messaged my team alpha to guard on Scarlette too. I got out from the hospital and took a taxi back home.

I walked inside to get my car keys when suddenly my dad stopped me.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Finish the bitch." I said.

"Matthew.. sit." He said and I sighed.

"Dad.. this is not the right time for you to kick my butt. You can do it later when-"

"I'm sorry." That made me turn to him disbelief. Since when this man say sorry first after punching me and scolding me for being dumb.

"I'm sorry, son." He said and I walked to him. I sat across him raising my eyebrows.

"I should have known that you were not in your right mind. You act so.. different." He said the last sentence in a weird tone.

"I wasn't on my right mi-"

"You acted so stupidly and carelessly." He said in a really cold tone. Gosh, he said sorry but he turned cold to me again.

"Well.. I guess you really like the girl huh? The clumsy girl?"

"No one ever turn my world upside down, dad. She's the only person who can do that and it made me crazy to realize that. Look.. I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have act like that but.. I was lost. I was totally lost at that time. My brain can't work and I was so panicked and kept thinking about condition."

"Btu you should focus to finis-"

"Dad, in my entire life.. everyone calls me perfect. I have no flaw, I'm smart, I'm a fast learner and the list goes on.. but I felt bored. Everything went so smooth and in this chapter of my life.. I felt.. my downfall. I felt and realized that I'm not perfect just like everyone else.. I felt happy because there will be someone who can love me for me and fix that imperfectness that I have.. She gave me a really colorful life with her clumsiness and just.. her.. I'm sorry for not being the perfect son, dad. I'm a human too.. I won't function well when you know the person that gave you a big impact.. in danger because of me."

"Well.. I'm sorry because I never been in your place and I admit that I was wrong."

"Did mom help you with that sentence?" I asked and his eyes widen. I chuckled and got up from my seat.

"Well.. apology accepted, dad. Now, I need to finish that bitch.." I patted his shoulder and walked out from the door. I got into my car and drove quickly towards the base.

"No one messes with me.. my family and people that I care.." I said and hissed coldly. I'm so ready to kill Erica with my own hands.

I parked my car and walked into the base. I walked into the garage and found my friends standing in a circle looking at Erica.

"She will wake up in an hour." Andrew said.

"What's your plan?" Joel asked me.

"Finish her.." I said.

"You sure about that?" Joan asked.

"She deserves it, she's a traitor." Cailey said and I nodded.

"Find her background-"

"Got it." Aiden said as he passed it to ne.

"Good.. let's just.. do this." I smirked.