Chapter 29 - Stress

Matthew Lemiere

I'm currently in Toronto having a deal here along with my dad and my brother. I looked at the presentation bored when suddenly my phone vibrates. I took it out from the inner pocket of my suit and raised my eyebrows. It's an unknown number and it's quite weird for me to receive a call from an unknown number. I picked it up.

"Hello."

"Hello.. who is this?" I asked and suddenly I heard loud groan and it sounded like..

"Scarlette? Why are you calling me with this phone number?"

"I borrowed my friend's phone and I just wanted to tell you that my gr-" She answered and she groaned in pain. I felt my whole go numb, my heart almost stopped.

"Scarlette!!!" Suddenly the caller cut the line and all of the people in the meeting looked at me weirdly.

"What happen?"

"Someone got her!" I hissed and I ran out from the meeting room. I immediately call my pilot to get the private jet ready.

"Matthew! What happen?" My dad called.

"Someone kidnapped her, she was groning in pain and saying weird things. I bet someone asked her to talk."

"This might be a bait!" My dad said.

"I don't care if it's a bait or not, dad! I'm going back to New York!" I hissed as I pushed the lift button again and again hoping it will come faster. I cursed under my breath and ran towards the emergency stairs. I ran down from the 16th floor down to the lobby.

When I arrived downstairs, my dad arrived down with the lift. I hissed coldly and he chuckled.

"And why are you-"

"Well.. at least I need to help my son.. right?" He said and I ran to the car.

"Slow down, I'm not that young anymore." He said when he got into the car. I asked my driver to go to the airport faster. I started to call my friend back in New York. I called them all at once.

"Hello." All of them answered at the same time.

"Someone got Scarlette!"

"What? Who?" Crystal asked.

"I want you to try to locate her detector. Who's at the base?"

"Me! I'm on my way to the main room." Morris answered.

"I'm going there too.." Axel said.

"Check all the CCTV too.. around my office, her apartment.. just find her!" I bursted panicly.

"Crystal.. Crystal.." My dad took my phone suddenly.

"Dad? What the-?"

"Where are you?"

"Home."

"Go find your mom and tell her that you need the passcode to my study room. Go there and help to access it!" My dad said and I took the phone away from him again.

"Study room?" Me, Brandon, Dylan and Crystal said at the same time.

"Just go.. Crystal." He sighed.

"Archer, I want you to try and located her things."

"Tell me the code."

"Z367 and Z872" I said.

"You're from Toronto right?" Marco asked.

"Will find her.. Don't panic." Cailey said.

"Please.." I begged and ended the call. I took out my laptop and started to located her too. I raised my eyebrows when there's no data about it. The kidnapper must have destroy it.

"Why are you so dumb?" Suddenly my dad said and I turned to him.

"Dad.. do you think mocking me will w-"

"He called you right? Or she.. called you.. located that signal." He said and I cursed myself for being so stupid. The fact that Scarlette was kidnapped already made me lose my mind. I was numb, I can't breath and just crazy.. I cannot even think straight.

"What have this girl done to my son?" I rolled my eyes when my dad said that. I gestured him to borrow his phone. I called Autumn

"Hello Nichola-"

"It's me, I want you get into my phone system and check the number that called me earlier." I said.

"I hate you for calling me again, I'm eating my pizza!!"

"Autumn!"

"I'm on it.. I need your code. Matthew." I sighed.

"Let me do it!" My dad hissed and ended the call. He stole my phone and my laptop. He connected to the USB and started his hacking skills.

"You're really dumb and out of your mind, Matthew. You can't act like this in the future or else you will get hurt." My dad said coldly.

"Just focus dad!" I hissed.

"Nothing." He suddenly said.

"What do you mean nothing?" I asked in horror. Suddenly my phone rang and I picked it up right away.

"The CCTV footage already deleted by the kidnapper. He or she already prepare this for a really long time." Andrew said.

"What?!"

"There's only a CCTV when she's in the office."

"Find out if you find anything weird." I said and tried to find it myself too. I can't believe this.

"Speed up!" I told my driver.

"You're out of your mind." My dad said and I ignored him. As soon as we got into the airport, I ran to the airplane along with my dad. I told the pilot to go right away. This will be the longest flight becauseof the anxiousness, worried.. and everything. I felt my body tense every second.

Suddenly someone called again..

"Your secretary.. she put a note of Scarlette desk." Joan said.

"What? For what?"

"Did you ask her to do something?" She asked carefully

"No.. never. Why would I tell Erica when I can tell her myself?" I asked.

"Because I think she's the suspect." My dad said.

"And Erica came out around 2 minutes about Scarlette and she kept following her."

"Erica.." I mumbled.

"It's obviously her or maybe.. someone else.." Great! Just great!