Chapter 11 - Again

Scarlette Thompson

"He's gone." Tina said as she walked into the meeting room.

"Good." I said and she looked at me like I grow 4 heads.

"What?" I asked her disbelief.

"He's a one hot guy.. and he's gone to ltaly for 2 weeks."

"I mean he's there to find T I L E partnership." I said.

"Eden went there with him.. I'm jealous." I ignored her because I'm not interested. I'm here for work and it will be impossible to think my boss a.k.a Matthew will want to date an ordinary girl like us. He's on the top of the chain.

My phone suddenly rang.. My eyes widen.. speaking of the devil.. it's Matthew Lemiere.

"Hello." I answered and Tina looked at me weirdly.

"Scarlette.. I want you to go to Italy."

"Me?" I asked disbelief.

"Yes, with Eddy."

"Olive and Tina?" I asked and glanced at Tina.

"Don't make me repeat my statement, Scarlette."

"I don't have a passport. I told you-"

"Scarlette.. I've got it." Eddy bursted the door and waved at my passport.

"Erica booked you a flight in 6 p.m. Go!" He ended the call and I sighed. I can't even say anything.

"What?"

"Mr. Lemiere asked us.. more like commanding us to go to Italy." Eddy said.

"How about me and Olive?" Tina pointed at herself.

"He needs us and Eden only. I'm sorry but we have to go.." Eddy said gesturing me to take my things.

"Ohhh.." Tina hissed.

"Let's go." I walked out from the room with Eddy.

"How many days we're going to be there?" I asked.

"2 days.." Eddy said.

"Okay." I nodded and this is so exciting. This is myfirst time going abroad and I can't believe that I'm going to Italy. This is so cool.

"Do we need to bring something?" I asked.

"I've got it." He said.

"Okay that's good." I smiled and we walked out from the Lemiere building together. We have 2 hours to pack and go straight to the airport. I went straight home and told my grandma that I'm going to Italy and she's so happy for me. She helped me pack. I quickly get my butt to the airport or else I will miss my flight.

I meet up with Eddy at the airport..

"You excited?" Eddy asked and I nodded.

"So excited.." We got into the plane and flew straight to Italy.

"Scarlette." Eddy poked me.

"No.."

"Scarlette.. We're here." He poked me and I opened my eyes. I got up and looked around.

"We have to go.. Mr. Lemiere already send us a car.. we need to go there fast." He said and I nodded. I got up and take my bag. We walked out from the airplane and I stretched my body out.

"You good right?" Eddy asked and I nodded. I'm sleepy and it's like 4 a.m in New York and it's 10 a.m in Italy. We walked out from the airport after taking our luggage. I breath deeply and smiled widely. I'm in Italy.

"Scarlette.. We have a meeting at 11.30" Eddy said and I nodded. We got into the car that Matthew prepared and go straight to the place where we're going to have our meeting.

"It's so beautiful." I said and Eddy agreed.

"Yeah.. Italy is beautiful."

"You've been here before?"

"Once.. I have an Italian girlfriend once." He said and I nodded.

"I need to stroll around."

"Yeah.. this city is so beautiful." Eddy said and I nodded. Not long after that we arrived straight to the meeting place.

"Good afternoon sir." Eddy greeted Matthew.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Lemiere." I greeted and he nodded. He gestured us to go inside. I walked inside and my eyes widen.. My breath got hitch.

"Kevin.."

"Scarlette.." He got up from his seat and I looked at him completely in suit. I looked at him confuse.

"What are you do-"

"He's Mr. Kard, the owner and the one and only heir of Kard Ventora." My jaw fell off when Eddy said that.

"You.. you.."

"I'll explain later."

"What's going on here?" Matthew asked and I turned to him.

"Nothing important sir." I smiled weakly and walked to my seat. I sat down and not daring to look at Kevin. I can't believe thay he's the owner of Kard Ventora.. it's like one of the biggest car company in America.

"Scarlette.." Eden called and I turned to him.

"Hmm?" I asked and he gestured me to look someone. I turned my head and saw Matthew gesturing me to show the designs. Eddy got up and do it for me instead.

Eddy showed them the designs that we made along with Eden. I helped them a little bit but I can't set my eyes on Kevin. Apparently Matthew wanted to make a partnership with a lot of people in this project especially to make a branch in Italy. They asked us to make a new designs today and presentate it tomorrow which is crazy.. I was planning to enjoy the city but I guess I can't.

After finishing the presentation, everyone was dismissed. I was going to go out quickly but Kevin caught me.

"Scarlette." He called and I turned to me.

"I feel like a fool." I said as I tried to pull my arm from his grip.

"You need to hear me-"

"I don't get it why you're lying and I don't want to know! I hate you for lying like this!" I hissed coldly but Kevin caught me again. This time he held me stronger and pulled me closer to him.

"Scarlette, I-"

"Hands off my employee.." We both turned to see Matthew was standing a few steps behind me looking at Kevin coldly.

"She's just your employee not your girlfriend, Matthew Lemiere. So I suggest you to stay out of our business." Kevin said in a really cold tone.

"Let her choose.. She wants to go with you or me." Matthew smirked and I sighed secretly.

"You choose." Kevin let me go and I walked backwards. Not realizing my surroundings.. I bumped into a vase and yes.. you know what's next.. it fell and broke into pieces.

"Again?" Kevin and Matthew said in unison..