Chapter 10 - Unbelievable

Matthew Lemiere

"Why are you still here?" My dad asked.

"And why are you still here? I bet mom already call you a thousand times asking when will you come home." I said and he chuckled.

"I have to finish this buddy.." He pointed at his pile of paper and I nodded.

"Why are you still here?" He asked again and I sighed.

"I want all the designs today but this clumsy girl decided to make me come home late." I said and sat down in front of him.

"Tina?"

"No.. Scarlette.."

"Right." He said as he swam back into his pool of work.

"You know mom wi-"

"Nicholas Lemiere!" We both turned our heads to the door and found Crystal standing there.

"Crystal.. I'm your dad for godsakes!" He hissed and Crystal laughed her ass off.

"Sorry dad.. I mean it's fun because your face always shows this funny expression." She gestured her face and laughed again.

"Oh hey big brother.. didn't see you there?!" She smirked evily and I shook my head. I have a really annoying sister.

"I'm going down.. I need to gather the designs for tomorrow's meeting." I got up from the chair and looked at my dad.

"Okay." He said and I ruffled Crystal's hair on the way. She hissed and I walked out from my dad's office. I walked to my office to take some files before going to my office downstairs.

I sighed big time because I'm so damn tired and this girl is trying to make me come home late.  I walked to the lift and went down to the T I L E office. My phone rang..

"We're in the club.. wanna join?" Morris asked.

"Yeah.. Be there soon." I said.

"Good.." He ended the call and I walked out from the lift. I saw Scarlette's office light is still on. I walked towards it and opened the door. I found no one..

"Where is that woman?"

"Scarlette!" I called.

"Yes.. Yes.." I turned my head and found her holding a cup with her eyeglasses on and hair in a messy bun. Not coordinate clothes and in slippers?!

"Are you here for work or getting cozy?" I asked coldly. I sighed big time and she just grinned at me. She walked pass me and put the cup on the table. She took her slippers and put on her high heels. She took down her hair and put it into a pony tail.

"Do you have the designs?"

"Yes sir.."

"Bring it to my office." I said and walked towards my office. I put my things on the table and opened my laptop. Scarlette knocked the door and I told her to come in. She walked towards me and gave her USB to me. I sat down and gestured her to come beside me to show the designs.

I opened the file and looked at the 3 designs that she made. I looked at it closely and raised my eyebrows.

"You changed it?" I turned my head and can't believe she leaned her head beside me so close.

"Hmm?" She asked without looking at me, her eyes were fixed to my laptop screen.

"What about it?" She asked.

"Am I your friend or your boss?" I asked and she turned to me. Her eyes widen and I could see those light blue eyes clearly.

"I'm sorry, sir." She said as she stand straight. I turned my eyes to the laptop again.

"This is quite good.. I like this one."

"Glad that you like it." She said and I turned to her. She was smiling widely.

"Good.. you can go home." I said and she squealed a little.

"Thankyou sir.." She said as she walkes towards the door.

"Scarlette." I called as I unplugged the USB.

"Yes sir?" She turned to me and I raised her USB.

"Oh yeah right." She smacked her head and I looked at her disbelief. This girl is one of a kind. She ran towards me and suddenly she hit her leg to my desk.

"Aww." She groaned in pain.

"Unbelievable." I said and sighed. She slowly massage her thigh. I opened my drawer and took out hot pain patch.

"Catch." I said and threw it to her. She caught it and looked at it weirdly.

"Uhmm.. sir.. what is this for? The design?" She asked and I face palmed myself. I walked to her and gave her USB. I took the hot patch from her hand and opened it.

"Sit." I said.

"I can do it myself sir." She said and I gave the patch back.

"Gosh.. you're so clumsy." I said and she just looked down.

"Go.. Go home." I said and she nodded. She walked towards the door and left. I sighed and took my laptop ready to go to the club. I walked out from my office at the same time as Scarlette. She was putting somethig into her bag with a lot of files on her other hand.

I shook my head and walked to the lift. I pressed the button and wait for the lift to come.

"Thankyou sir." I turned my head to her and she pointed at her thigh revealing the hot patch that I gave her. I nodded and suddenly the door opened revealig my dad too.

"Hey dad."

"Hello, Mr. Lemiere." She greeted my dad and he nodded. We both walked in.

"Going home?" My dad asked me.

"Nah.. meeting with the boys." Suddenly somehing dropped and I turned to Scarlette. I sighed.

"Scarlette!"

"I'm sorry.." She turned to me and my dad in horror. She quickly took out a box of tissue to wipe her spilled coffee.

"I'm sorry sir." She said again and I kneeled down to help her. When the lift door opened, my dad walked out and he told me to see me at home.

"I'm sorry.." She said again.

"I can't believe a girl like you exist in this world." I sighed and when we're done cleaning the mess, we walked out from the lift.

"Goodnight sir and thankyou." She said once again and I shook my head. I left her there to go have fun with the boys.