I'm lying to myself and you are too

Recap: I ran out of the classroom without looking back

I ran to a park

Someone put their arm around me.
"Cam?"

"Go in the closet" Cam said

"Let's start over"

"Ice cream"

"Uncle ted..."

"Bull's eye"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up on my saturday morning to my dad opening the curtains of my room letting in the horrendous sun.

I looked at my dad and saw he had bags under his eyes.

He still had stubble on his face. Ever since that day, dad hasn't left the house once. I don't know if it's because he's scared or he feels guilty that he survived and mom and Mark didn't.

"Dad" I called

"Mmh" he answered

"You can't live like this"

"What?"

"I'm tired of seeing you like this Dad, unshaved, staggered, you look twice your age now"

~silence~

"I know you think you can't help it because of.....of.....Mom and Mark" I continued.
"But they wouldn't want to see you like this, they wouldn't want to know you're like this because of them"
"I'm hurting too, but I know they wouldn't want me to, see I'm trying my best"

"But it's just too hard."Dad replied.

"I can't wake up pretending everything is okay when it's not, I'm lying to myself and you are to"

"Dad I-"

"It's ok, just.. Just get ready for school"

"Dad?"

"Yes"

"Its Saturday"

Dad sighed and just left my room.

I got up from my bed and left my room.

I was walking down the hallway when I went past Jordan's room. I decided I was gonna wake him up so we can make pancakes.

I was about to open his door but I heard shuffling inside. I put my ear to the door.

"…..I know, I'll do it soon, don't worry." I heard Jordan say.

~silence~

"I'm not lying to anyone if she never asked" He continued.

What's he talking about?Should I bust in there? Should I just keep listening?

"Wait ok, I still have time, I just got here, let me make them trust me enough"

What the fuck?!?!?