Part 17

People should either be caressed or crushed. If you do minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you no not need to fear their revenge.

- Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thays is a smart girl, she's doing everything she can to drive Aslaug and Ivar crazy. Her first instinct was spare Ivar, she still loves him, and she didn't wanted him to suffer, but when she heard his conversation with Ubbe, she wanted him to suffer, really bad. She had everything planned, it was a twisted thing to do, but she was really hurt, and like a wounded animal, she wanted to hurt back.

Thays asked Jay to buy a few things for her, this was only the beginning. Jay was worried about her, but he knew that he would do worst than what she was planning. Thays asked Jay to buy two Rag Dolls, she knew that Aslaug would know what it meant, but she was scared that Ivar wouldn't, but she sent it anyway, little does she know, that Ivar would loose his shit when he saw the Rag Doll.

She sent that one for Aslaug, she was living in England with Ragnar

She sent that one for Aslaug, she was living in England with Ragnar. He needed to take care of his business there, an old partner of his was acting behind his back, Ecbert. He was just like Ragnar, except that he didn't care about family like Ragnar, only money and power.

With the doll, was a very disturbing note, Thays wrote it herself. The only thing that she didn't change or improve about herself, her handwriting.
The note said:

"Is there anything else that you would like me to do, Madame?"

She wanted Aslaug paranoid, and she managed that, and she sent the same doll to Ivar, but his note, was way worst than his mother's.

The note said:

"Why did you kill us?"

The doll had fake blood in the belly, it was sick and twisted, but Thays didn't care, all she wanted was revenge.

*************************************

When Ivar got the box, he didn't gave much thought, until he opened. Tears were falling already, of course he understood the message, it was the last thing that he called Thays, Rag Doll. He regretted the moment those words left his lips that day, but he could never took it back, words were like feathers flying with the wind, impossible to catch it back.

All those years came back to him in a flash, he was fucked up, and he knew that. When he finally married Lily, they went to the Bahamas for the honeymoon, it was everything perfect, so Ivar did the unthinkable, he gave his marriage a chance.

"I know that we don't want to be together, but we can try to make it work. Do you want that?" Ivar asked Lily, she was in the kitchen of his house in the Bahamas.

"We need to know everything about each other, you go first." Lily was excited, she didn't wanted to be in a loveless marriage.

They talked the whole night, they learned a lot about each other, Ivar told him about his legs and about his love for Thays and the baby and the suicide, he was an open book now. So did Lily, they were liking  each other's company, it was nice for them.

After a month they were really great friends, they started to sleep in the same bed, and they talked and talked the whole night, one day they decided to get wasted, and they did. They got back to the apartment very drunk, they looked in each other's eyes and something happened, they were full of lust, and they kissed, it was full of lust, nothing else.

But when Ivar was finishing, he did the worst thing that he could do for Lily, he screamed another name, Thays. Lily was hurt, she felt used and that she wasn't good enough for him, that filled her with anger.

"Get off me." She screamed, pushing Ivar and trying to get up from the bed.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, I just came out." Ivar knew that he it was a horrible excuse, but it was the truth.

"It's good to know that a dead maid is what gets you off." Lily wanted to hurt Ivar, but she was making him angry instead.

"Don't talk about her." Ivar hissed, but Lily didn't listened, she was mas.

"Why not? It's the truth, she pitied the crippled and she died because of it, you're a murderer." Those words scared Ivar for a long time.

*************************************

Now, he was holding the rag doll with fake blood, it had to be Lily, Ivar thought. She entered their apartment, she was happy, she met Antoinette Grace Francie Occidentale, and she wanted to be friends with her, she would make sure of that.

"I'm going to call Antoinette, I want to be friends with her." Lily said not looking at Ivar, she went straight to the kitchen.

"Why are you so obsessed with that woman?" Ivar asked calmly, another thing that made him angry, remembering Antoinette, he was the one obsessed with her.

"She's the secret daughter of Frederuna, she's the newest It Girl, everybody wants to be friends with her, but the girl is just like her family, no one knows anything about her, just what she wants to show." Lily went to the living and looked at Ivar, he was holding something.

"What's that?" She asked pointing at the doll.

"Like you didn't know." Ivar smirked and Lily frowned.

"What you're talking about?" She asked, she was scared of him.

"Why did you kill us?" Ivar read the note and paused. "You and Floki are the only ones that know about this, and I highly doubt it that Floki would do such thing." His voice was calm, but Lily knew better, he was angry.

"Look, I didn't do this. I'm not that mean." She tried to defend herself, but Ivar knew better.

"I don't want to look at you, leave this house for a few days." Lily wanted to protest, but she knew that would be worthless, Ivar always gets what he wants.

When Lily leave the apartment, Ivar called the only person that could help him.

"Floki, I need you." Ivar said through the phone.