Part 24

I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid.

-George R. R. Martin.

Thays was really happy in the Hamptons, with Chuck and both Henrys, who doesn't knew them, they were a perfect, happy, family. That did not pleased, Ivar, because he followed them, to apologize with Antoinette. He was really sorry for hurting her feelings, he wanted the confirmation that she did not felt the same way as he did. He was sure that she felt something, but he wouldn't deal with her rejections anymore, he was free from her wife, whom asked for a divorce, to marry her new boyfriend. Ivar was glad that he got rid of her, and that she asked for the divorce first. In that way, he wasn't obliged to pay her anything, she knew that, but she didn't care, she was too in love with Jay Halstead.

Meanwhile, the nurse was following Aslaug's orders, so she told Aslaug about Lily's desires to be with Jay. She thought that the driver needed to go, Aslaug wanted her family's money. She wouldn't see the color of it, if Lily got the divorce, and the nurse also told about Jay and Thays' conversation, she heard him calling her Thays, not Antoinette. Which was Jay's worst mistake, a mistake that would affect everybody's lives, including his.

-------------------------

When Antoinette was working, Lily felt the need to apologize in behalf her husband. So she went to Antoinette's apartment and found Jay at the balcony, the first time she saw him, she thought that he was gorgeous, way more beautiful than her husband, Ivar. She entered the balcony, Jay was distracted with the traffic, he was admiring Paris, the most beautiful town in the world, according to him.

"Hi." She said shyly.

"Oh Hey, you're Lily, right?" They smiled at each other. "Ivar's wife?" Her smile dropped.

"Yeah." She signed. "I just wanted to apologize of what he did to you, it wasn't right. I'm really sorry." Lily wasn't a bad person, she was just shallow, and Jay saw that.

"It's alright, I'll live. I'm just surprised that you came here just for that." Jay was teasing Lily, but she was really offended.

"You are one those people that only think the worst of rich people, right?" She sat down in front of him.

"No, I only think the worst of your husband's family." Jay had that goofy smile on his face.

"I'm gonna prove it to you that I'm not a stereotypical rich girl, I have a personality

"I'm gonna prove it to you that I'm not a stereotypical rich girl, I have a personality." She was really stubborn, she needed to prove to Jay that she was a good person.

"Hey, you don't have to prove anything to me." Jay raised his hand in defeat.

"Oh, but I'm going to. You'll see that I'm a good person, not all of rich people are the way you think." She stormed out of the apartment and Jay laughed, he assumed that he would never see her again.