Part 21

"Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you."

- Alexandre Dumas

"How are you feeling Jay?" I asked while the nurses put him on the bed, he stayed at the hospital for a week, before he was discharged.

The surgery was a success, but it would take time for Jay completely heal, I still feel that all of this is my fault, but Jay, Harvey and everyone else said that it wasn't. I was scared, Harvey already contacted Ragnar, he didn't gave much details, and the whole family was coming to my apartment.

Harvey said that Jay needed to be present, and since he couldn't walk much, everybody was coming here. I'm so scared, I don't know what Harvey will do, he has been keeping in the dark. Rollo begged him to let this go, but Harvey is not listening to anyone, including Donna.

"I'm a little better, but I wished that I was at my apartment." He tried to laugh, but that made him hiss in pain.

"Jay, I would never allow you alone in your apartment, if something happened to you, how could we help?" I asked and he signed, he knew that I was right.

"I know, I don't want to be a burden to you." He looked down, I knew why he was like this.

After he couldn't be a cop anymore, his wife left him, she said that he was a burden. At the the time he was in a wheelchair, but with time he was able to walk again, because of Harvey, Jay saved Donna's life, so Harvey payed the best doctors and therapy, and he walked again.

"You're not, Henry is so excited that you're here with us. And Harvey would make me have you here anyway." We laughed and the nurse left us alone.

"How's your nose?" He pointed at my nose.

"It's fine, it's not broken. I can take those bandages tomorrow." I said to him and he smiled.

"I felt so useless when that pussy kept punching me." He looked down, I feel awful about this.

"Hey, is not your fault. He came out of nowhere, this is not your fault." Before he could say anything else, Henry entered the room.

He tried to hug Jay, but I didn't let him, that could be a danger to Jay and his lung.

"Mama, I want to hug Jay." He whined and I put him down.

"Baby, Jay is pretty hurt, you can hurt him, so if you want to hug him, you need to be really careful, okay?" I said serious and Henry nodded.

He went to Jay, it was funny, he was even walking slowly. He sat on the bed next to Jay, and he hugged him, he was so delicate, it looked like Henry was holding a baby.

"Hi, Jay." Henry said with a soft tone.

"Hey, big man." Both of them laughed and I giggled, they were so good together.

"Jay, a bad man did this to you?" Jay looked at me, and I nodded.

"Yes, but he's not gonna hurt me anymore, okay?"

"Do you promise?" Henry was crying.

"I promise, but why are you crying?" Jay asked and Henry hugged him tightly.

"I don't have a papa, Jay. But I like to pretend that you are." That scene broke my heart, Henry misses his father, and he wants that Jay becomes his papa.

"Henry, I don't have a papa either, did you knew that?" Henry shook his head, he was paying so much attention on Jay.

"But my mama, wasn't like yours, she was mean to me. But your mama is great, right?" He nodded, and I smiled.